Falling slowly

Chapter 1: The Unseen Wounds

Dick Grayson, also known as Robin, had always been a resilient and skilled acrobat. His agility and precision were unmatched, honed through years of training under the watchful eye of his mentor, Bruce Wayne. But even the most perfect abilities could be criticized, as Robin was about to discover.

It was a sunny afternoon in Jump City, and Robin had to pay a visit to Wayne Manor, leaving his girlfriend, Raven, behind. As he stepped into the grand entrance, memories of his childhood flooded his mind. Bruce Wayne, the man who had taken him in after his parents' tragic death, was waiting for him in the study.

"Robin, I've been observing your acrobatic skills lately," Bruce said, his voice stern and unyielding. "They're good, but they could be better. Your landings lack finesse, and your transitions are too predictable."

Robin's heart sank. He had always sought Bruce's approval, but it seemed that no matter how hard he tried, it was never enough. His acrobatic abilities were his pride and joy, and to have them criticized by the man he admired most was a blow to his confidence.

As the conversation continued, Bruce's words became sharper, cutting through Robin's spirit. He felt his self-doubt grow, overshadowing his once unwavering belief in himself. The weight of Bruce's expectations became unbearable, and Robin's sadness and hurt began to consume him.

Meanwhile, Raven, with her empathic abilities and deep emotional bond with Robin, sensed his distress from afar. She could feel his pain, his self-doubt, and his longing for acceptance. Without a second thought, she teleported herself to Wayne Manor, determined to offer her support.

When Raven materialized in the study, Bruce was taken aback. He had never seen her appear so suddenly before, but he knew she cared deeply for Robin. Raven's violet eyes bore into Bruce's, silently demanding an explanation for his harsh treatment of her boyfriend.

Bruce, realizing the impact of his words, softened his gaze. He had pushed Robin too far, not realizing the toll it had taken on the young hero. He had sent Robin on mission after mission, night after night, without considering the physical and emotional toll it was taking on him.

It was then that Alfred, the loyal butler of Wayne Manor, returned from his week off work. As he entered the study, he immediately noticed the cuts and bruises that covered Robin's body. The injuries had gone unnoticed by everyone, including Bruce, until now.

Chapter 2: The Healing Begins

Alfred's eyes widened in shock as he took in the sight of Robin's battered form. Concern etched across his face, he rushed to Robin's side, his voice filled with worry. "Master Dick, what has happened to you? Why didn't you say anything?"

Robin's voice trembled as he replied, "I didn't want to disappoint anyone. I thought I could handle it on my own."

Raven, her heart breaking at the sight of Robin's pain, stepped forward and gently placed a hand on his shoulder. "You don't have to face everything alone, Dick. We're here for you."

Bruce, guilt weighing heavily on his shoulders, finally realized the extent of his mistakes. He had pushed Robin too hard, expecting him to be invincible. But Robin was only human, and he needed support, not constant criticism.

"I'm sorry, Dick," Bruce said, his voice filled with remorse. "I should have been more aware of your well-being. I let my expectations blind me to your needs."

Tears welled up in Robin's eyes as he looked at Bruce, finally feeling a sense of understanding and acceptance. The wounds on his body were nothing compared to the emotional scars he had carried for so long. But now, with Raven and Alfred by his side, he knew he could begin to heal.

Days turned into weeks, and Robin's injuries slowly faded away. With the support of his loved ones, he regained his confidence and found solace in their unwavering belief in him. Bruce, realizing the importance of nurturing Robin's emotional well-being, vowed to be a better mentor and father figure.