Love

Chapter 1: The Princess and Her Bodyguard

Zoe had always despised Gray. As the princess, she had grown accustomed to having her every whim catered to, and she took great pleasure in making Gray, her bodyguard, do hard and grueling tasks for her own amusement. She found satisfaction in watching him sweat and struggle, believing it to be his duty to serve her without question.

Gray, on the other hand, had always been loyal and dedicated to his role as the princess's protector. He endured her demands with a stoic resolve, knowing that his duty was to keep her safe. But deep down, he resented her for the way she treated him, for the way she belittled him and made him feel insignificant.

One fateful day, Zoe's recklessness led her to run away into the dangerous streets of the city. Gray, ever vigilant, chased after her, desperate to bring her back to safety. But in his pursuit, he found himself outnumbered and overpowered by a group of thugs. They beat him mercilessly, leaving him battered and bruised, with a deep jagged cut on his cheekbone.

Bloodied and torn, Gray managed to lead Zoe back to the palace in silence. He didn't utter a word, his pain and exhaustion evident in every step he took. Zoe, witnessing the state of her bodyguard, felt a pang of guilt for the first time. She had never truly considered the consequences of her actions, never realized the sacrifices Gray had made for her.

Chapter 2: The Scar and the Conversation

Later that evening, Gray retreated to his quarters to clean and stitch his wounds. Zoe, passing by his room, overheard a conversation between Gray and one of the palace guards. Curiosity piqued, she couldn't help but eavesdrop.

"Nasty cut there, Gray," the guard remarked, his voice filled with concern. "It'll scar, you know. It'll be ugly."

Gray shook his head, dismissing the guard's words. "Who cares?" he replied, his voice tinged with bitterness. "Protecting Princess Zoe was it?"

The guard frowned, taken aback by Gray's cold response. "You shouldn't have to suffer like this," he said quietly.

Gray nodded, a flicker of determination in his eyes. "I'd rather have a messed-up face than see her harmed," he said, his voice firm and resolute.

With that, Gray rose from his seat and left the room, leaving the guard bewildered by his unwavering loyalty. Zoe's heart swelled with a mix of emotions as she processed the conversation she had just overheard. She felt a deep sense of guilt for the way she had treated Gray, for all the pain she had caused him.

Chapter 3: Confrontation and Redemption

Zoe couldn't ignore the weight of her guilt any longer. She sought out Gray, finding him standing alone in the palace courtyard, his scars and bruises still visible. She approached him cautiously, her voice filled with remorse.

"Gray," she called out softly, her eyes brimming with tears. "I... I'm sorry."

Gray turned to face her, his expression guarded. "Sorry?" he echoed, his voice laced with skepticism.

Zoe took a deep breath, trying to find the right words. "I never realized how much you sacrificed for me," she admitted, her voice trembling. "I took you for granted, and I treated you poorly. I'm ashamed of the way I treated you."

Gray's gaze softened, and he took a step closer to her. "Princess Zoe, it is my duty to protect you," he said, his voice gentle. "But that doesn't mean I deserve to be treated as less than human. I am not just a bodyguard; I am a person with feelings too."

Zoe nodded, tears streaming down her face. "I understand that now," she whispered. "And I promise to change, to treat you with the respect and gratitude you deserve."

Gray's stern expression softened into a small smile. "Actions speak louder than words, Princess," he said. "I will hold you to that promise."

And so, in that moment, a new understanding and respect blossomed between the princess and her bodyguard. It was the beginning of a journey towards redemption, as Zoe learned the true meaning of compassion and Gray discovered that sometimes, scars can be a symbol of strength and sacrifice.