lockwood and co

Title: Bloodstained Bonds

Chapter 1: The Training Session

Lucy stood in the dimly lit basement of Lockwood and Co., her grip tightening around her blade. She had asked Lockwood to train with her, hoping to improve her skills and prove herself as a valuable member of the team. But as she prepared to spar with him, her mind was occupied with thoughts that clouded her focus.

Lockwood, ever the observant leader, noticed the distraction in Lucy's eyes. He readied himself, his own blade gleaming in the low light. "Are you ready, Lucy?" he asked, his voice calm but determined.

Lucy nodded, her heart pounding in her chest. She lunged forward, her blade meeting Lockwood's with a resounding clash. The sound echoed through the basement as they danced around each other, their movements fluid and precise.

But in her distracted state, Lucy's strike went awry. Her blade sliced across Lockwood's cheek, leaving a clean cut. Time seemed to slow as Lockwood stumbled backward, his hand instinctively reaching for his face. Blood seeped through his fingers, staining them crimson.

"Lockwood!" Lucy gasped, finally realizing what she had done. She lowered her blade, her eyes wide with shock and guilt.

Lockwood's voice rose, filled with pain and anger. "Stop, Lucy! Stop!" he shouted, his words echoing off the walls. But Lucy, lost in her own remorse, didn't hear him. She continued to fight, her movements fueled by a mix of determination and self-loathing.

George, always the level-headed one, rushed forward and pulled Lucy away from Lockwood. "Enough, Lucy! You've done enough!" he exclaimed, his voice laced with concern.

Lockwood, his face now a mask of pain, placed a bloodied hand on George's shoulder. The red handprint left a stark contrast against George's pale skin. "It's alright, George," Lockwood said, his voice surprisingly calm despite the situation. "I'll handle this."

Lucy watched in horror as Lockwood casually stitched his wounds, his hands steady despite the pain. He didn't flinch, didn't wince, as if he had grown accustomed to such injuries. George and Lucy exchanged horrified glances, unable to comprehend the strength and resilience their leader possessed.

Lockwood finished stitching his wounds, his face now marred with the scars of battle. He looked at Lucy, his eyes filled with a mix of understanding and determination. "Before I recruited you both, I had to deal with situations like this alone," he explained, his voice tinged with a hint of sadness. "But now, we're a team. We face these dangers together."

George, ever the sarcastic one, couldn't help but interject. "Well, Lockwood, you certainly know how to make an impression," he quipped, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

Lockwood, being Lockwood, smirked in response. "What can I say, George? I like to keep things interesting."

And as the three of them stood there, bloodstained and battle-worn, a newfound bond formed between them. They were no longer just colleagues; they were a team, ready to face the dangers that awaited them in the shadows.

Little did they know, this incident would be the catalyst for a series of events that would test their loyalty, their strength, and their unbreakable bond.

Note: This fanfiction novel is set in the Lockwood and Co. universe created by Jonathan Stroud. The characters and world belong to him. This story is a work of fiction and is not intended to infringe upon any copyrights.