Chapter 1: Nightmares

Cal Kestis tossed and turned in his sleep, trapped in the clutches of a haunting nightmare. His brow furrowed, and beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he relived the horrors of his past. In his dream, he saw the destruction of the Jedi Order, the betrayal of his master, and the loss of his friends. The pain was unbearable, and he couldn't escape the torment.

As the nightmare intensified, Cal's subconscious mind took over, and he began to shout in his sleep. "No! Please, don't!" he pleaded, his voice filled with desperation. Tears streamed down his cheeks, leaving wet trails in their wake. His body trembled, and his hands clenched into fists.

In the neighboring room, Cere Junda and Greez Dritus were awakened by Cal's cries. They exchanged worried glances before rushing to his side. Cere, with her calm and nurturing demeanor, gently shook Cal's shoulder, trying to wake him from his torment.

"Cal, wake up! It's just a dream," Cere whispered, her voice filled with concern.

Greez, the ever-sarcastic and quick-witted pilot, stood by, rubbing his eyes. "Well, ain't this a pleasant way to start the day," he muttered, his tone laced with sarcasm.

Ignoring Greez's comment, Cere continued to comfort Cal, her voice soothing. "Come on, Cal. It's time to wake up. You're safe now."

Cal's eyes fluttered open, and he gasped for breath, his heart pounding in his chest. His cheeks were wet with tears, and he tasted the metallic tang of blood on his lip, which he had bitten in his sleep. He sat up, his body still trembling, and looked at Cere and Greez with a mixture of gratitude and embarrassment.

"Sorry," he mumbled, wiping away the tears from his face. "I didn't mean to wake you both."

Greez chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. "Well, kid, you sure know how to make an entrance. I thought we were under attack or something."

Cere shot Greez a playful glare before turning her attention back to Cal. "Don't worry about it, Cal. Nightmares happen to the best of us. We're here for you."

Cal managed a weak smile, his eyes lighting up the room. "Thanks, guys. I appreciate it."

Greez rolled his eyes, pretending to be nonchalant. "Yeah, yeah, don't get all mushy on us. Now, let's get some breakfast. I'm starving."

As they made their way to the kitchen, Cal winced with each bite he took, the cuts on his lip reminding him of the nightmare. Cere noticed his discomfort and frowned.

"Cal, are you alright? Your lip looks pretty bad," she said, concern evident in her voice.

Cal shrugged, trying to downplay the pain. "It's nothing, just a little reminder of my nightmare. I'll be fine."

Greez chimed in, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Well, ain't you a tough one? Eating breakfast with a bleeding lip. You're a real Jedi, kid."

Cal shot Greez a playful glare, his wit returning. "Hey, I never said I was a Jedi. Just a guy trying to survive."

Cere chuckled, her eyes sparkling with affection. "Well, you're our guy, Cal. And we're glad to have you."

Greez grumbled something under his breath, but the smile on his face betrayed his true feelings. They may not say it out loud, but deep down, they both loved Cal's infectious smile and the light he brought into their lives.

And as they sat down for breakfast, the trio shared a moment of camaraderie, knowing that they were in this fight together, nightmares and all.

Little did they know that their journey was far from over, and more challenges awaited them in the galaxy. But with each other's support, they were ready to face whatever came their way.