Untitles

Chapter 1: The Streets of Escape

Zoe, the young princess of the kingdom, had always felt trapped within the walls of the palace. The weight of her responsibilities and the constant scrutiny of her every move suffocated her spirit. One day, unable to bear it any longer, she made a daring decision to escape into the streets of the city.

Gray, her loyal bodyguard, had always been by her side, protecting her from any harm that might befall her. When he discovered Zoe's disappearance, panic surged through him. Without hesitation, he raced after her, his heart pounding with worry.

As Gray caught up to Zoe, he found her wandering aimlessly through the bustling streets, her eyes filled with a mix of fear and excitement. But danger lurked in every corner, and Gray knew that he had to keep her safe, no matter the cost.

Suddenly, a group of hooded figures emerged from the shadows, their intentions unknown. Gray swiftly positioned himself between Zoe and the assailants, ready to fight if necessary. The confrontation escalated quickly, and Gray found himself outnumbered and overpowered.

Blows rained down upon him, and he fought valiantly, refusing to let any harm befall Zoe. But the attackers were relentless, and Gray's body became a canvas of cuts and bruises, testament to his unwavering dedication.

A jagged cut etched itself across his cheekbone, blood staining his once-pristine suit. Yet, even in the face of pain and exhaustion, Gray never wavered in his duty. With a final burst of strength, he managed to fend off the assailants, sending them fleeing into the night.

Breathing heavily, Gray turned to Zoe, his eyes filled with concern. Without a word, he gently took her hand and led her back to the safety of the palace.

Chapter 2: Scars of Loyalty

Back at the palace, Gray retreated to his quarters to tend to his wounds. His hands trembled as he cleaned the blood from his battered body and carefully stitched the deep cut on his cheekbone. The pain was excruciating, but it paled in comparison to the fear of failing his princess.

Unbeknownst to Gray, Zoe had overheard a conversation between him and a fellow guard. She stood outside the room, her heart heavy with guilt and admiration for the man who had risked everything to protect her.

The guard, sitting beside Gray, remarked on the severity of his wound. "Nasty cut there, Gray," he said, his voice filled with concern. "It'll scar, you know. It'll be ugly."

Gray shook his head, a hint of bitterness in his voice. "Who cares?" he replied. "Protecting Princess Zoe was it."

The guard frowned, unable to comprehend Gray's selflessness. "Rather me with the messed up face than her," Gray added coldly, rising from his seat and leaving the room.

Zoe's heart ached as she heard those words. She had always taken Gray's devotion for granted, never fully understanding the sacrifices he made for her safety. Determined to confront him about his injuries and the scar that would forever mar his face, she sought him outside.

Chapter 3: Unspoken Gratitude

Zoe found Gray standing alone in the palace courtyard, his gaze fixed on the moonlit sky. His wounds were still fresh, his face a tapestry of pain and resilience.

"Gray," she called out softly, her voice filled with a mix of guilt and gratitude.

He turned to face her, his eyes reflecting a myriad of emotions. "Princess," he replied, his voice tinged with weariness.

Tears welled up in Zoe's eyes as she approached him. "I never realized the extent of your sacrifices," she confessed, her voice quivering with remorse. "I took your loyalty for granted, and I am deeply sorry."

Gray's expression softened, and he reached out to gently wipe away her tears. "You are my princess," he said, his voice filled with a tenderness she had never heard before. "Protecting you is my duty, and I would do it all over again, scars and all."

Zoe reached out and touched the deep cut on Gray's cheekbone, her fingers tracing the jagged path it had taken. "Your scars tell a story of bravery and unwavering loyalty," she whispered. "They are a reminder of the sacrifes you made, for me."