Title: Unspoken Bonds

Chapter 1: The Hidden Wounds

The sun sets over Wayne Manor, casting long shadows across the grand estate. Inside, the atmosphere is tense as Robin, also known as Dick Grayson, sits at the dining table, his body covered in fresh cuts and bruises. Raven, his girlfriend, can sense his sadness and hurt, her empathic abilities allowing her to feel his pain even from a distance.

Alfred, the loyal butler, returns from his week off, his presence bringing a sense of calm to the room. He takes a seat beside Raven, concern etched on his face. Bruce Wayne, Robin's mentor and adoptive father, sits at the head of the table, his stern gaze fixed on his protege.

Bruce: (voice filled with disappointment) Dick, I've been reviewing your recent acrobatic performances, and I must say, they're not up to par. Your landings are sloppy, and your timing is off.

Robin: (defensively) Bruce, I've been practicing tirelessly. My acrobatic skills are flawless.

Bruce: (raising his voice) Flawless? You call those bruises and cuts flawless? You're pushing yourself too hard, Dick. You need to take better care of yourself.

Raven, unable to bear the tension any longer, teleports into the room, her dark cloak billowing around her. She stands beside Robin, her violet eyes filled with concern.

Raven: (softly) Bruce, please understand that Dick is doing everything he can. He's been going on missions every night, trying to prove himself to you.

Bruce: (pausing, realization dawning on him) I... I didn't realize the extent of his efforts. I've been blind to his dedication.

Robin: (voice filled with hurt) It's not just about proving myself, Bruce. I've been running myself into the ground for you, for this team. I thought I could handle it, but I'm only human.

Alfred: (placing a comforting hand on Robin's shoulder) Master Dick, you've always been more than just human. Your determination and resilience are what make you a true hero.

The room falls silent, the weight of the conversation hanging in the air. Alfred, ever the wise presence, decides to break the tension by suggesting they have dinner together.

Alfred: (smiling warmly) Perhaps it's time we all sit down and enjoy a meal together. It's been far too long since we've had a chance to truly connect.

Raven: (nodding) That sounds like a good idea. We all need a break from the constant battles and training.

As they gather around the table, the conversation flows freely, laughter and warmth filling the room. However, as the night progresses, Robin's injuries are accidentally revealed.

Robin: (attempting to lighten the mood) You know, I've become quite the expert at hiding bruises. Maybe I should start a tutorial.

The room falls silent, everyone's eyes turning to Robin. His attempt at humor has sombered the atmosphere, and the truth behind his words becomes painfully clear.

Raven: (voice filled with concern) Dick, you shouldn't have to hide your pain. We're here for you, always.

Bruce: (regret in his voice) I've failed you, Dick. I should have noticed sooner. I'm sorry.

Robin: (voice filled with gratitude) It's not your fault, Bruce. We're a team, and we all have our own battles to fight. But together, we can overcome anything.

And in that moment, as the wounds of the past are laid bare, a newfound understanding and unity blossoms among the four. They may be superheroes, but they are also human, with their own vulnerabilities and struggles. And together, they will face whatever challenges come their way, supporting each other every step of the way.

Note: The novel will be written in a no genre and no style format, with the language being English.