Chapter 1

Suggested by @sparkler_reader158

It was a normal day for little Percy Jackson, blabbering about how much he disliked school to his mother as it was a Saturday. He was eating his breakfast of blue Lucky Charms when Gabe came in.

Percy went silent a bit as the 'adults', not Gabe, talked, "I'm going to the shop today. Can you watch Percy or do I need to bring him with me?"

"He needs to go with you." Gabe grunted as he grabbed a beer and sat on the couch. Little Percy gave his mother puppy-dog eyes to not leave him here.

Sally sighed a bit but gave a smile to Percy who smiled in excitement. He loved helping his mom in the shop when he could.

Grabbing the long brown coat and the small blue coat, Sally put on the brown coat as she handed Percy his coat.

He quickly put it on and held onto his mother's hand as they both exited the building, making there way to the shop was simple enough.

They both arrived on time as Sally's boss both greeted Sally and Percy with a smile. As the day went on it was around 9 P.M when they both grabbed their coats and got ready to leave.

It was raining and Sally decided to go a short cut to her home, going down the raining alleyway. Only to stop short in frozen panic as she saw four men looking down at a body, two of those men had revolvers.

She grabbed onto Percy's hand and squeezed not all lightly but enough that Percy knew to be quiet and stay behind her. She stepped back, right into a empty can.

The gang hearing this pulled the guns at the mother and son, when they realized who was there the two men shot at the adult.

The child was frozen and helpless as he saw his mother fall down and not get up. He tried shaking her up, the men heard sirens and they knew they didn't have much time, instead of shooting the little boy they quickly ran away.

The cops that arrived at the scene saw one little boy trying to wake his mother that would never be awake again. They had to pull a struggling wet boy away from his mother.

It broke a lot of hearts that day, the most was the little boy who couldn't speak. That day the child never spoke again, only after explaining what happened and tried his best to describe the men.

The 9 year old never went down that alley again, never went to his mother's store again, and never wanted to be home again. His only happy place was a the little park right by his house that had a pond of ducks swimming by it.

That pond was special to the boy, because it was where his mother last smiled. She put a fake smile at work and home, but that park, that pond, was when she was truly happy for some unknown reason.