Crossover- Sherlock Chapter 8

Would've updated sooner but I had two Algebra tests and Algebra CDT's and also had Music Production test that had different sections in them that had a total of 140 points. But good news I got the Music Production class 100% on the quiz while in Algebra I had 93% on one of them and 91% on the other. But sadly I have an English test on Monday but that's ok, it was moved back it was suppose to be today and I'm thankful it's not. Anyway, onto the story...

Percy's P.O.V

Day 4 out of 5

I was currently reading in a chair my feet dangling off the arm rest as I was twisted in it. London was pretty cool in my opinion, although how they pronounce stuff can get annoying at times but other than that.

"We should do something." John said

"Like what, we have no cases." Sherlock said bored as he was working on some sort of experiment in the kitchen.

"Have you guys ever played baseball?" John asked which made me look up from my book and frown, sure Clint and I sometimes threw a ball around when he was around, apparently we can't just shoot arrows in trees at the park.

"That is utterly boring." Sherlock said not paying attention to John

"I'm up for it." I said with a shrug.

"Really?" Sherlock asked looking up

I shrugged in response, "I don't know about you, but I'm bored and the sport is mostly based off of math along with actual skill but mostly math." I said

Sherlock frowned and went back to work, "You don't have to come Sherlock." John said handing me a baseball glove he must have brought.

"I will not spend time playing a boring sport, I am busy here thank you very much." He said not looking toward us.

John looked at me while I looked at him and I shrugged while grabbing a baseball cap I found earlier and put it on my head.

John also shrugged lightly as he looked back at Sherlock and we both exited the building.

A short cab ride later we found an batting cage that allowed John to throw the ball at me. As I grabbed the bat I watched John wrind up his arm and throw it somewhat softly and I hit it straight on.

"Nice." John said and picked up another ball before pitching it to me, once again I hit the ball.

"Anyway you could throw a bit harder?" I asked nicely getting ready once more and watched as John nod smiling and started to throw the ball.

The throw was harder but it was nowhere near the type that Clint pitched but that was ok. I hit the ball dead on and watched as the ball go in the air but stopped as it hit the cage.

"Nice, if the cage wasn't here I would guess Home Run." John said

"Thanks." I said smiling already having fun.

"Ready?" John asked

"Let's go." I said and as the ball was coming it felt like the world was slowing down as my bat connected with the ball and the ball going fast into the cage.

John whistled, "That was definitely Home Run." he commented

"Don't know about that." I said blushing lightly at the comment, "You wanna bat, I want to throw some pitches." I said

John smiled and we swapped places. I got onto the mount and with the right movements let the ball fly into a strike.

John missed the ball but he was smiling, "Nice aim." he said

I smiled in reply and got another ball and tossed it lightly in the air for a second before gripping it and letting it fly.

John hit that ball and it also hit the top of the cage, "Seems I'm not the only one getting a Home Run." I said already doing the math at where it most likely would've landed without the cage there.

"Don't know about that." John commented hitting the base with the bat and got ready

"I do." I said and let another ball fly.

Once John hit it he asked, "How?"

"I calculated the distance." I said wiping my hand on my shirt as dirt was collecting onto it from the dusty baseballs.

"I sometimes forget you are smart." John said

"Well at least you aren't babying me." I said wrinkling my nose remembering how many strangers coo, even though I'm 9, and treat me like a small idiot child.

"I guess that can be annoying can't it?" John asked

"You have no idea. Once when I was in this daycare because my mom had to work and I refused to stay with Gabe the teacher was just, I don't even know how to describe it really.

But when I pretty much told her how a train cannot be in fact alive she gave me the evil eye as the other children looked like they had their toy taken. I mean, she was the one lying and I got the corner." I said with a huff.

John just huffed a laugh and shook his head fondly as he imagined it, "What happened afterward." he asked

"Mom told off the lady saying that she should've been in the corner and that lying to children won't help anyone in life. Oh, I also got candy to, I would've been fine with the candy but mom still told the lady off." I said with a shrug

"I would love to meet her." John said with an amused expression on his face which died as I shifted uncomfortably and looked downward.

"I'm-"

"It's fine, I'm fine. You ready?" I asked showing him a baseball that I was holding onto.

"Yeah." John said the mood suddenly dying but picked up slightly as we started to play again.