SS (Short Story)- Comfort

Normally Percy Jackson can fall back asleep after a nightmare but this one was to real even for his standards and he woke up in a sweat while clinging to the bedsheet only one hand moved to the spot where the scar was on his chest and rubbed it like it still hurt.

The nightmare was about Gabe and how he got one of the scars on his chest. He took a deep breath and tried to lay back down but everytime he did he saw that maniacs face and it made him scared to fall asleep as if he would never wake up again.

He took and deep breath and removed the tangled sheets that were around his 10 year old body. He silently walked the halls of the Helicarrier sometimes passing an agent or two.

(During his birthday Percy got his own room ok?)

He stopped at a door and opened it gently, light filled the dark room and Percy asked, "Uncle Clint are you awake?" Now he would deny it later that his voice was scared but right now he was scared.

"What's up Percy?" His uncle asked noticing the tone his nephew used and woke up enough to notice his surrounds including the sweat that was on Percy's PJ's his hair was in a way of tossing and turning.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" The 10 year old asked feeling a bit foolish but then pushed that feeling aside.

"Yeah what's wrong." Clint asked while moving to one side of the bed for the child.

The said child made sure the door was closed and walked over and subconsciously rubbed the spot where the scar was as he said, "Nightmare."

The child climbed the bed and let his uncle rub his back in a soothing way, "Bout Gabe?" His uncle asked nicely noticing the way Percy rubbed a spot where a scar was.

Percy hummed his response and snuggled closer to his uncle. Clint took one last look at Percy and put a protective arm around him as Percy snuggled into it and they both fell asleep.

--Magical Time Skip Across the Helicarrier--

Natasha was wondering why Clint wasn't up yet. Normally he was up by 7 A.M but right now it was 8 A.M. She walked to halls of the Helicarrier and watched somewhat as the newbies moved aside scared of feeling the wrath of the Black Widow.

She stopped at Clint's door and peeked in it and saw something that surprised her.

Clint and Percy were snuggling but Clint was awake and just watched Percy sleep.

"You know you need to get up right?" Natasha whispered across the room

"He won't let me. I think the nightmare last night might've scared him a bit much." Clint whispered back

"One what do you mean he won't let you and two what was the nightmare about?" Natasha asked as she moved closer to the pair after she closed the door.

"First, any time I move to get up he clings tighter and man he has a nice hold; two, I think the nightmare was about his stepfather, when he mentioned it to me he was rubbing a scar on his chest as if it hurt still." Clint whispered back

Natasha sat on the bed at Percy's feet and was a bit worried about Percy, ever since he entered both the Avengers and SHIELD life he made it better and brighter, her instincts told her to rub his hair and she did and she watched slowly as Percy started to untense and let go of Clint.

Clint watched as Natasha's motherly instincts at work and smiled a bit at Percy as he got off the bed wearing a shirt and his boxers. He shooed a smirking Natasha out of his room and got dressed for the day but before leaving he kissed Percy on the top of his head and pulled the sheets over the boy. You don't want him to get cold now do you.

Anyway guys let me know on the voting between the two tie crossovers and until then here is an update I'm back from my camping trip and got a nice small sunburn on my cheeks and top of arms from the sun at the beach. And man the waves were high it was fun and so happy I had a boogie board...