part 18

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." ― Albert Einstein

Sophie's POV

Soon we got to our "new house" which was huge, but I shouldn't be obsessing over that, I am still very scared. Michael grabbed my hands and put them behind my back as he lead me inside the house. He opens a small door and throws me in. Grabbing a duck tape roll, he put some around my hands, feet, and over my mouth.

"There, now stay quiet. We will be having guests." He smiles, shutting the door. I figured I was in a closet.

As I heard movers bring in furniture, I started to feel tears trickle down my face. This is my new life. Thoughts of Cameron, Nash, Hayes, Skylynn, Aunt Elizabeth, and Uncle Chad started going through my head. They must hate me.

Hayes' POV

After Sophie hung up, my mom tried to calm Skylynn down from crying. I felt so bad and there was nothing we could do. If Sophie didn't want us, how could we make her? I decided to take a walk and clear my head. I went to the lake and started throwing stones across the water.

"Hey, want to know a trick?" A quiet voice spoke, scaring me. I turned around and saw a blonde haired girl.

"Uh sure." I smiled, awed by her beauty.

"Well, you want to try and angle the throw." She smiled, her perfect teeth shining.

"Thanks. By the way I'm Hayes." I say, holding out my hand.

"Paige." She says and we shake hands.

"What's wrong?" She asks and I am a little stunned.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"You were throwing rocks so I figured you were sad about something, I don't know." She shrugs.

"My cousin, Sophie, just called my family saying she hated us and that we are terrible." I say as if it were nothing. I don't really want to think about it.

"Oh, sorry." She says rubbing my back. I look up and smile at her and she smiles back.

Cameron's POV

"CAM PLEASE CALM DOWN!" Nash screams as I pick up another vase and smash it against the wall.

"NO!" I scream and then fall to the ground crying again. Nash rushes over to me.

"Cam, I'm so so so sorry about Sophie, we're all sad but you can't break things. It's not going to solve anything." He says.

"But, why would she hate me, when all I did was love her?" I ask looking in his eyes which made me feel sadder. They looked exactly like Sophie's.

"I don't know man..."

________________________

Hey✨ BTW Paige is based off of @paige.martiin (follow her on Instagram) she was one of the contest winners to be in my book!!