part 43

"I know my heart will never be the same, but I'm telling myself I'll be okay" ― Sara Evans

Cameron's POV

I wake up, careful to not awake Sophie, and quickly get dressed. I head downstairs and check us out of the hotel, being the oldest of the boys, this is my job. After checking out, I go back to our room, seeing an awake and dressed Sophie.

"Good morning, beautiful." I say as she stands up and walks over to me.

"And good morning handsome." She stands on her tippy toes to quickly kiss me.

"Ready to go home?" I ask and she nods. We are taking a month long break before starting the tour again.

"Yes." She lets out a breath.

In a few days, she has to go to court with her dad. I can't wait till he's permanently in jail, that way he can't take her from me ever again.

At home (North Carolina)

I greet my mom after dropping Sophie off at her home a few houses down.

"Hey honey!" She smiles and we hug.

"I've missed you so much mom." I say when we pull apart.

"I've missed you more!" She hugs me again and I laugh.

"So what have you been doing?" I ask seeing the Christmas tree set up. That's right... Christmas is in two weeks!

"Just planning for Christmas." She says and I smile. It's good to be home.

A few days later

Sophie's POV

Today was the day... I'm about to throw my dad into the slammer, not literally. I look over my outfit one last time before heading downstairs. Everyone is dressed up nicely, I smile as we head to the car. Cameron and Gina also join us. When we get there, Cam holds my hand as we walk inside. I see my dad and his lawyer on the left side and turn around.

"Cameron, I can't do this. I can't stand to look at him." I start to freak out. He pulls me aside and bends down a little to look me in the eyes.

"Sophie, you are the strongest girl I know. You can do this, I know you can. Heck everyone in this room knows you can. I'll be right behind you in the first row. You don't have to look at that scum bag, focus on putting him in jail for the rest of his life. Only you have the power to do that and all you have to do is tell the truth." He says and I nod.

"Thanks." I say and he gives me a kiss before I head to the right side of the room, sitting down next to my lawyer. I take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Time to go to jail mother *******." I say quietly so that only I can hear.

__________________________

Here's your double update!! Just in case you guys didn't already know... I LOVE YOU😘😘