part 32

"She leaned down and looked at his lifeless face and Leisel kissed her best friend, Rudy Steiner, soft and true on his lips. He tasted dusty and sweet. He tasted like regret in the shadows of trees and in the glow of the anarchist's suit collection. She kissed him long and soft, and when she pulled herself away, she touched his mouth with her fingers...She did not say goodbye. She was incapable, and after a few more minutes at his side, she was able to tear herself from the ground. It amazes me what humans can do, even when streams are flowing down their faces and they stagger on..." ― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Cameron's POV

As I held on to Sophie's small body, I couldn't help but cry. I am so happy this is over. I carefully carry Sophie to the ambulance that followed behind us and turn to watch her dad being arrested.

"Cam." I hear a soft whisper. I turn back to Sophie and hold her hand.

"Yes." I say, wiping my tears.

"I love you. I waited everyday to be with you and it almost doesn't feel real. I love you so so much." She says, her voice a little hoarse.

"I love you too. I will love you forever and always. Don't ever forget that." I say, kissing her forehead.

A few hours later

I was in the waiting room at the hospital for two hours now. They had to run tons of tests and the police have to ask questions.

"Is there a Cameron out here?" I nurse yells to the people waiting. I stand up and she smiles. As we walk down the halls she talks to me.

"Sophie has requested to see you." She tells me and I nod. Once we reach her room, I see Sophie watching some old t.v. show.

"Cam." She smiles and I go over to hug her.

"I'll give you two some time." The nurse says and closes the door.

"Are you alright?" I ask looking her up and down.

"I'm fine. I'm so happy that I don't have to be with my dad anymore." She smiles which makes me do the same.

"Yea, I'm glad your safe now and we can go back to being together." I say.

"What about that girl I saw you with." She says quietly.

"Forget about her. I never had any attraction towards her at all. It was all Nash's idea." I laugh and she nods. "I love you and only you."

She leans over and kisses me strait on the lips. I hold her face gently in between my hands and her arms wrap around my neck.

"I've missed this so much." She says and I smile.

"So did I." I reply and hug her again.

__________________________

Guys I just got contacts!! Omg it's hard for me to look at my phone so sorry for the short chapter!