part 19

"Happiness [is] only real when shared" ― Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild

Sophie's POV

I woke up from a nap after crying. I was still in the closet. As I shifted myself towards the door, I could hear unfamiliar voices.

"So, what school do you go to?" I hear Michael ask.

"I go to the community college here called Austin Community College." A boy's voice says.

"Oh really, that's were all my kids will be starting tomorrow!" My dad says in his 'fake voice'. I roll my eyes.

"That's great! Cole would love to see Michael and Patty at school!" A woman's voice says.

"Well we also have a sis-" Michael starts to say, but my dad interrupts.

"Who wants dessert?" He yells and I hear cheering and clapping.

"Frank, you've out done yourself." A different man's voice says.

"That's just how I am Robert."

"Aww Frank! I'm so glad I hired you! How was the trip here?" Robert asks.

"It was great! I'm glad we are neighbors and we can work together."

I was so done with this conversation.

I slide myself to the door and swung my legs to hit it. It made a loud bang, yes.

"What was that?" The woman's voice asks.

"Oh uh nothing." My dad says quickly. I do it again.

"I'm really scared now!" She shrieks. Wow, what a baby.

"Michael! Please go check the 'problem'." My dad says sternly. Uh oh.

I quickly slide away from the door as the footsteps become louder. The door flies open and I see Michael. He bends down to my level.

"You better be quiet or dad will be so mad!" He whispers squeezing my face. I try to kick him but he slaps me. I freeze, shocked at his action.

"Stay quiet." He spits through his teeth and slams the door.

"Don't worry dad, everything is taken care of." Michael acts like a goody two shoes. I can almost see the smirk on my dad's face right now.

________________________

These next few chapters will be kinda violent so warning🚨