002: Prized Possession

TREVOR JAKE ALVERDE

TREVOR JAKE ALVERDE

I would be a fool if I would believe in reincarnation. She may look like her, but she wasn't her, and that mere fact is making it hard for me to execute my plan. How am I supposed to hurt a girl identical to the greatest love of my life? How am I supposed to use her for my revenge if it would feel like hurting her and killing her the second time? This whole ordeal is making me question my own decision.

She was quietly sitting inside that room. We can clearly see what she is doing because of the one-way glass separating our spaces. Tahimik lamang siyang nakatingin sa lupa habang ang kaniyang mga mata ay tila ba puno ng determinasyon. This girl is Hale Peter Radford's fiancée, who coincidentally looked like my dead girlfriend. After all those years of going against them, bakit ngayon lang namin nalaman ang impormasyon na may nobya siya at bakit kamukha ito ni Lyrie?

"What if Lyrie did not die, and she just had amnesia, and they fed her lies about who she was?" Jeric suggested while looking intently at her. He  was probably searching for hints supporting his theories, but I know she wasn't. Her features were too soft, and she looked more fragile than her. Dalawa ang naiisip kong dahilan kung bakit magkamukha sila, and I do not know how am I supposed to confirm it.

"What if she was just a random girl they paid to undergo plastic surgery to make her look like Lyrie? Para inisin si Trevor," pagpapatuloy ni Jeric. That is one of my theories but if that happened, there would be signs, but I wasn't seeing any scarring or anything. If they did that after the death of Lyrie, hindi pa dapat ganiyang kaganda ang kaniyang balat dahil ilang buwan pa lang naman ang lumilipas.

"She isn't Lyrie," declared Dennis, who was busy browsing through his laptop. Nabaling sa kaniya ang aking atensyon habang naghihintay ako ng kaniyang sasabihin. "All information about this Olivia Faye Eleazar is real," pagpatuloy nito.

Iniharap nito sa akin ang laptop at sa screen ay makikita ang social media account ng babae kung saan naroon pa ang mga litrato niya noong teenager siya. Walang gaanong pinagbago ang kaniyang mukha bukod sa mas naging mature lamang ito tingnan.

"What if these photos were edited?" Jeric butted in, grabbing the laptop away from me.

"I can do pixel analysis," prenteng sagot naman ni Dennis.

These two were my aces. Kapag may plano ay nagagawa nila nang maayos ang kanilang parte. Dennis Prince Salvador is my tech expert. He can give me any information I need, and he could invade most of our enemy's system. He also has outstanding expertise in hand-to-hand combat and unbelievable gun-handling skills. Jeric Andrei Dizon, on the other hand, is an expert navigator. He can be paralleled to Dennis when it comes to physical combat, but his noteworthy skill is how he can quickly familiarize himself with places and figure out directions. Mabilis itong nakakahanap ng escape route kapag nalalagay sa alanganin at mga alternatibong ruta tuwing nagpaplano kami ng surpresang pag-atake.