025: The Return

LEIRIN ANDREA PATTERSON

A sad melody rang in my head as I struggled to open my eyes. It was sending me back to sleep despite wanting to wake up.

I fought the urge to go back to slumber and decided to open my eyes.

A warm smile with a tender gaze welcomed me. She caressed my cheek before she softly spoke. "You're awake."

She's that lady! Mabilis kong tinabig ang kaniyang kamay bago ako napabalikwas ng bangon. I moved back to the bed's headboard, gathering my knees and hugging them as if it would protect me from her. What happened? Why am I here?

Yeah, right, Rey got me last-wait! Anong oras o araw na ba?

Andrea sighed-it feels weird calling her Andrea, given that my second name is after hers. She distanced herself as if she understood why I backed away. I was glaring at her before I realized how the room looked.

Its vibe mimicked the feel of my room in our mansion, from the light pink walls, mesh canopy on the bed, the plain curtains, and even the cute stuffed animals. However, this one's more accurate and was filled with things I liked.

"I'm sorry for forcing you to be here. I..." she paused. She was fiddling her fingers the same way I do whenever I'm nervous or do not know how to respond. "I just want to be with you," she continued, her eyes on the floor.

"I don't want to be with you," I bravely replied.

For a split second, her eyes reflected hurt. Bakas ang lungkot sa kaniyang mga mata habang nakatingin ito sa akin. She did not utter any word, so I continued bringing out everything my chest was carrying.

"You keep messing with my head. Kung ikaw talaga ang nanay ko, bakit ngayon lang? Why do you need to introduce yourself to me when my father got a hold of me?" dire-diretsong tanong ko sa kaniya.

"I have always been with you; I just don't show myself because of the dangers that might follow me. I cannot put you at risk. I do not want your father to have you because I know he would throw you anywhere whenever he needed to," mahabang pagliwanag naman nito habang mariing nakatingin sa akin.

"Why do you need to hide from my father? I've seen how much he loves you. Why do you need to do this to our family?" I asked.

"I did not do this to our family. Your father did."

"You're crazy. You're not my mother," matalim na sagot ko sa kaniya.

Muli itong huminga nang malalim. Napamasahe na lamang siya sa kaniyang sentido at para bang stress na stress ito dahil sa akin. Buti nga.

"You should ask Hale," she suggested.

At talagang kay Hale pa ako magtatanong? Sa taong nanloko sa akin?