034: Falcon's Resolve

LANCE ANTHONY PATTERSON

Angeline Vestine. A name I will always remember. She was the person to blame for the death of my sweet mother. Now, she dares to impersonate her to trick my sister.

She will never be as good as her—my sweet mom. I wonder how it would feel to see her with my sister... or my family as a whole. Those were dreams that are now out of reach, dreams I need to set aside to dig deep into these schemes they were doing.

Why does she need my sister? Why does she need to exert such effort just to get her? Does she think that this would become the downfall of our organization? Or could it be a distraction for something big they were plotting?

All I know right now is that she is trying to manipulate my sister into thinking that we don't care about her, that she is just Lyrie's replacement. Lyrie wasn't even my sister. It was understandable that Leirin might feel something because she didn't know everything, but she was smart enough.

I purposefully ignored her, making her feel that I was disappointed about her meeting with that crazy woman so I could gather more information. I would only understand what all of these are about if Leirin goes to her to confront her.

One of these days, that woman will spill the truth about her plans.

"Lance." I instinctively locked my laptop's screen after hearing my father call me. He doesn't need to know what I am digging about. I don't need him hindering whatever plans I am building.

"Have you seen your sister?" he worriedly asked. My forehead creased after hearing his question.

And where she might be?

"Have you checked her room?" I inquired.

"I did, she isn't there."

"How about the corners?"

"She isn't in this house. I checked all the rooms she usually visits," he responded with a hint of irritability.

"Have you tried calling her? Checking your reports to see if there was anything saying that she might be in the hands of Sapphire Ivy again?" I suggested.

I have a way of tracking her. However, I wasn't sure if the tracking device was with her. Also, I don't want my father to know how I am using my sister to gather the information he won't give me, so I can't open the tracker in front of him.

"I'll check. Call Trevor and ask him if she's with him," he commanded before he left my room.

I did not bother doing that. Instead, I contacted Xaira.

"Can you help me trace Leirin's whereabouts earlier? She's missing," diretsong saad ko.

"Ano? How come she's missing? Weren't you tracking her?" sunod-sunod na tanong naman nito.