043: Retrieval

TREVOR JAKE ALVERDE

TREVOR JAKE ALVERDE

Daggers. Guns. Bullets. Tactical shit.

Kinapa ko ang aking bulsa, bewang, at lahat ng nakasabit sa aking katawan para masigurong dala ko ang lahat ng aking kailangan. I searched for the window breaker using my hand, ensuring that I am able to bring it.

One of the many lessons my father taught us was to ensure that we were fully equipped and had enough rounds of bullets, especially if we were out to erase the enemies on the maps.

Palaging niyang sinasabi na never bring a knife to a gunfight, in short, don't go unprepared. I can't say we aren't prepared because Lance laid out a well-designed plan to take down the Umbral Consortium while saving his sister.

Lance and I were on the same transport aircraft that would bring us to the enemy's headquarters. The aircraft's altitude is enough for them not to notice what is coming at them. Some of us were transported on the ground, especially those who would be attacking the ground floor and the basement.

I just hope we aren't too late.

"This is Jay speaking. I am about to take off and take on F5," Jeric announced through our earpiece.

"Passerine ready to go after," sabi naman ni Xaira.

Lance was quietly sitting with his arms crossed. Nakapikit ang mata nito at bahagyang nakayuko. If only I could applaud the calm facade.

"We're in," Jeric informed again. "We are currently at C8. Deploy J-1 to C6 and J-2 to C3," he ordered.

"Coming in with Hawk, Eagle, and Flamingo. P-4 come in at C6, P-5 come in at C3," Xaira followed.

Sa bawat pag-uulat nila ng hakbang na kanilang natatapos ay ang pagbigat ng hangin sa loob ng transport aircraft na aming kinalalagyan. Everyone is at a rush, yet the time here felt like it stopped, or it was too slow. Hindi ko alam, ang alam ko lang ay gumagapang ang pangamba na baka kami ay huli na.

"Sparrow coming in at F3. S-1 to S-5, scatter," saad naman ni Terrence.

Each word coming out of everyone added a weight to my shoulders. Our turn is almost up. I cannot screw this up, or I will forever lose my sun, my peace.

"Deploying aerial drones," Artemis announced. There was a momentary silence before she continued, "All units are now online; be alert."

Lance finally opened his eyes, and there was a glint of danger in them. He is ready to devour them whole. He is ready to end this night with triumph, and there will be no other results acceptable, only success.

He stood up from where he was seated, and I followed him. We are going to skydive just to get to our target location.

Sinampal ang mukha ng malamig at malakas na hangin. Kailangan kong magfocus dahil posibleng hindi ko maabot ang target na pagbabagsakan namin. Lance and I will coming in from the opposite side of the building. We aim to land on top and just rappel our way down to the second floor.