Tempt the Devil: Chapter 5: Anton

Sarah fell into a deep sleep with nothing more than a basic sleep command in her mind. It allowed me to return her to her home and not have anything untoward happen to her. Why she had so foolishly followed me into the darkness of the night I'll never know. Beyond what dangers lie in her own species, I know of so much more that could cause problems for her.

New York had a real vampire problem, not that they knew it. I could say something to the elder that oversaw the vampires in this particular territory but it wasn't my place to. I was neither seen nor heard, merely a figment of a human's imagination if I chose. For a vampire, though, that was different. When they first learned of me I couldn't say but now they had and they always used the underworld as a safe passage from one area to the next. There was something about the red sun in the underworld that they could walk freely under but not the orange sun of this world. I let them do as they pleased so long as they didn't disrupt the souls or tamper with the trees.

The other major issue for those that like to walk freely of a night time is the lycans. Their feeding habits are rather ruthless and a little stomach churning. I didn't ever want to come across one of them feeding.

I pulled back the sheets and laid Sarah onto the bed, removing the shoes and jacket. She was left in jeans and a shirt, her night clothes were on a chair to one side of the bed. My mind tormented me, telling me that it was better to have her think it was a dream. That I should put her in her night clothes and hope that she believes it was her imagination.

But that meant taking off her clothes. I delved into her mind, finding her usual routine and dressing habits. Dirty clothes in the hamper, nightwear and nothing else. I gulped hard as the panicked sweat trickled down past my temple.

Do I leave her as is and brave the questions tomorrow? Or do I change her and see so much more than I had intended?

How strange it was, for me to be like this was indeed peculiar. Ordinarily, I didn't bother with knowing the finer details of a woman before bedding her. Demon women didn't care for small talk, all they wanted was for the job to be done so they could do the other things that they liked.

I sighed, weary of this night. So much to do and I am stuck here, debating with myself on what is right.

"Forgive me, Sarah, I cannot have you remember such things."

Retrieving her night clothes, I undid her jeans and pulled them down. My heart thumped hard, as I looked up her svelte frame. The tiny cotton underpants with little pink flowers were not what I was used to. Lace, sheer material, nothing at all. That's what I saw on a regular basis. Never cotton and definitely never with little flowers.

I pulled the bed pants up and took a moment to catch my breath and hope that my heart slowed down its frantic tempo. The next part was the killer. I could already see that she had a desirable proportion, now all I had to do was not touch.

Her body sagged as I pulled the shirt away, flopping into awkward positions and generally making life difficult. The last step was the bra, crazily it matched the underpants. Her breasts swelled from the cup making beautiful, creamy colored mounds.

I couldn't look. I didn't even dare to come close. Pulling the shirt over her head I wondered how it was possible to wrangle the shirt and the bra and not get them tangled.

"This is ridiculous," I whispered angrily.

With a huff I reached behind her back and undid the bra, removing it completely. In that moment I knew that it was a mistake. Carnal hunger ripped through me as I stared at her breasts. I quickly finished dressing her and ensured everything was set in accordance with what was in her mind. Then I fled her apartment.