Playing with Fire: Chapter 8: Sarah

I found it rather surprising that they were all so willing to take the temptation. What I learned rather quickly was that it was different to the process of selling a soul, this was just a temptation and nothing more. A night of hedonistic lust in the form of whatever we desired.

Holding back as everyone moved around, I watched as the numbers started to dwindle. Slowly each and every person moved to a small corridor by the door, where it went I had no clue. I guess I will find out soon enough. Strangely, I looked at an almost empty room. Anton stood before me and there was no one else.

He held out his hand and lifted me from the lounge when I took it. His eyes were locked on mine as he kissed my knuckles, turning my arm over and trailing soft kisses over my palm and up my forearm.

"Do you understand the devil's temptation, Sarah?" He asked as he kissed the curve of my elbow.

I inhaled sharply, feeling a flush of pleasure dart through me.

"Lust, sex." I shrugged.

"It is so much more, my love." He whispered with a dark grin. "Let me show you."

He took my hand and guided me to the corridor, stopping at the first of a few doors. With a wave of his hand, a gap appeared, the edges shimmering like a mirage. Beyond it was a view into the room, I gasped and looked away only to have Anton move me back. His arms wrapped around me from behind, settling on my hands that were wrapped around my torso.

"No jealousy." He whispered in my ear.

I looked at the view of Nick and Rowan, laying on what looked like a love pit. Layers of velvet pillows were surrounded by sheer curtains hanging from the ceiling. They weren't naked yet but the people around them were. There was no conformity with their looks or gender, nor where their focus was held.

Anton moved us to the next door, again the view shimmered.

"No heartache." Anton offered as I gazed at the view of William and Eliria.

They were on a normal bed, though it was a little wider than I had ever seen. There was only one woman in this room, her attention divided equally between the couple.

Moving along to the next door I took a quiet but deep breath. The door shimmered and showed Marty and Antonio.

"No issues."

I understood what he meant by that. In the room amid the naked and almost naked bodies was a woman with long and straight jet black hair, bright blue eyes and a look of pure need as the pretty blonde woman kissed over her naked body. The view was enthralling, I could feel the excitement growing inside me.

"Everything that the mind wants without a permanent situation. Debauchery scaled to their own requirements and no after effects that would harm their relationships. When it is done and the night is over, they will look back and remember it fondly and never with suspicion or hurt. The devil's temptation is a gift Sarah, one that is rarely offered but always accepted."

Anton took my hand and led me to the final door, his hand gestured to the handle.

"Do you want to take the offer, Sarah?"

"I only want you, Anton."

"I know you do Sarah but you mustn't fear what lies beyond this door. There is no heartache or jealousy, remember?"

I nodded and turned the handle, hoping that this didn't destroy what we were. Sunlight hit me as I pushed the door open, squinting I raised my arm to shade my eyes. As I stepped out onto the warm golden sand I turned back and saw nothing but more beach.

Water crashed onto the beach, dragging back out as another wave slammed onto the sand. Behind me was a long line of lush jungle, palm trees hanging over the sand as well as standing upright.

"Sarah?"

I turned with a gasp to the feminine voice. She looked a little like Marty, her eyes were a bright blue instead of green and her hair was a little more straight. Her hand went out as she waited for me to take it.

"Are you my desire?" I frowned.

Sure, the kiss with Marty was pretty damned fine but I didn't think that it was enough to alter my view on the world.

"I don't understand, I don't want anyone other than Anton."

I looked around the beach, not seeing another person at all.

"Where is Anton? Can you take me to him?"

The woman smiled at me and offered nothing so I took her hand and followed her to the narrow path in the jungle.

As we plunged into the darkness, the temperature dropped. Colorful birds sat on branches, squawking and flying off when we drew near.

"Where are we?"

"You are safe Sarah, your love would never allow harm to fall upon you."

Good to know I guess. Not that it was my concern. I really did want to know where we were, if I continued to like it then I wanted to come back.

We walked for a short distance, the jungle fell away and opened to a partially cleared section. All that was here was a thatched hut, the door opened to a view of black.

"No fear Sarah. Temptation is always safe."

She stopped at the first step, I looked down at the wood that seemed aged and rotten. But she said, always safe, that my love would never allow harm.

"Do you trust the devil Sarah?" The woman whispered.

"With my life and my heart," I confessed and let go of her hand.

I stepped onto the first step, it held my weight without a groan or creak. Three steps in total and I was on the front deck, walking to the inky darkness of the hut.

Turning back to the woman, I watched as she disappeared into the air. Wafting away with the soft and cool breeze. Her smile was reassuring and I turned back to the hut.

All that I wanted was in this room. All that I needed would be waiting for me.

As I stepped over the threshold and into the darkness, I felt so many emotions. Love, happiness, wonder, eagerness, desperation. But through all of that was the feeling of devotion and need. It resonated through me from an external source, dragging me closer and pulling me in.

Wading through the darkness I reached out to the warmth and felt a familiarity.

"Anton," I whispered.