Queen of Hell: Chapter 4: Sarah

We had moved to the table, the breakfast that we did not have time for at the hotel now in front of us as I continued to push Anton for more information.

"So why wouldn't he let go of me?"

"You were being used as leverage. If I didn't sign over the earth then he would have removed you from my life."

"Like kill me?"

The toast fell from my fingers as I stared at him.

"It is not beyond any of my kind to remove a life if the moment requires it. Of course, he has to have a good reason as needless removal is punished so he wasn't really going to hurt you. He just wants to piss me off. Michael would wipe out a lot more if it meant that this world was safe from me. But do not think that I would not stop him, Sarah, you are all that I care about now and he knows that."

"That's why he did it."

Anton nodded as he sat back on the chair.

"Not that there was ever an issue about ownership, I did not care to be the true owner of this world. It was just the spoils of the non-existent war. Of course, he did not know that. All he would have known is that the devil owned earth and he was about to get his arse kicked for it."

I chuckled even though I shouldn't. This man was creating a wicked monster out of me. Laughing at the misfortune of another, how terrible.

"Did you put hidden clauses in the document?"

Anton stopped eating and looked at me, raising an eyebrow as he slowly began to chew the toast again. He smiled and offered nothing, his eyes filled with an amusement that told so much. Now I wanted to know what he had put on the document, it was amusing to him and had annoyed Michael. It must have been good.

Our brief breakfast was over, Anton had to go to the underworld to ensure all was well. I wasn't sure if Michael turning up had spooked him but he seemed a little more on edge when he spoke of returning to his world.

I looked out the window and saw Igor walking down the street, I grabbed my things quickly and set out to meet him at the restaurant.

"Good morning my lady." he offered with a tip of his head.

"Work Igor, I'm Sarah here, remember?"

Igor chuckled and as he looked over my shoulder the smile died away.

"What do you want?"

"Now my dear Igor, is that really how to greet a person?"

I turned to the familiar voice, seeing Michael.

"Sarah, how lovely to see you again."

Anton wasn't here and I wondered if Michael had planned it this way. Freak Anton out, send him running to his world and leave Sarah behind for the unknown.

"I have perused the document and the changes that Anton has made Sarah, I must say that I am impressed and disappointed. But of course, it is to be expected when dealing with the devil. Be a darling and deliver this letter to him."

A normal looking envelope was held out, a discolored pale brown similar to the parchment from earlier. The wax seal was purple, pressed with a crest that I could not make out clearly.

"Is trick my lady, do not take the envelope."

"Igor, do be a good boy and go away."

Igor stepped out and in front of me, putting himself between Michael and me.

"Master will accept your letter in person. Is bad form to trick master's love when she does not know. You wish to have ass kicked again Michael?"

"Hm, somehow I think that you won't win this one Igor."