Playing with Fire: Chapter 17: Anton

Dinner left me feeling thoroughly satisfied, stretching back against the chair I watched the guests as they ate their varying meals. Full blood vampires that only drank blood, turned vampires that should have blood but had the option to eat as the others did. And then there was the rest of us, we were offered a sumptuous three-course meal.

Sarah's naughty hand found my leg again. It was almost like she was a bigger deviant than I was. I nearly fell off my chair when she stroked her finger against me.

She stretched back with a sated sigh, grinning as she rubbed her belly.

"That was a great meal, wasn't it?"

Her hand moved higher as she smiled at me.

"It sure was."

I leaned to her ear as my arm laid over the back of her chair. The movement allowed her to have greater access, the naughty creature was now toying with me.

"Going to drop your spoon by any chance?"

Her eyelashes fluttered with a cheeky smile as she shook her head.

"I am rather in need of the restroom if you don't mind."

"Not at all my love. Do you know the way?"

"I don't, will I become lost?"

I grinned at her with a nod. "I think that you will. Allow me to show you the way."

Retracting her hand, Sarah put the napkin on the table.

"Going somewhere?" Elias asked with a wolfish grin.

"I do believe it is none of your business." I returned, trying to keep my anger in check.

Soon I'll be thumping my fists on my bare chest and dragging her off to the nearest cave. It was getting more and more difficult when it came to things involving Sarah, like some kind of need to protect her from the wolves. Well, this wolf at least.

"Uh-huh. If you get bored Sarah, you know where to find me."

Sarah looked at him as she pushed her chair in, a wicked glint in her eye.

"I don't know." she hummed. "I've heard that those who are full of such bravado are rather lacking where it counts."

Augustus started laughing, I couldn't help but smile at my cheeky Sarah.

"I am sorry Elias I'd rather not be let down after having Anton, you know worms and snakes, all that kind of nonsense."

His mouth hung open for a brief second and then shut, offering his usual aloof shrug.

"Alright, if you'd rather have your worm then so be it."

Sarah moved closer to Elias, leaning on the back of his chair to whisper in his ear. Then she stood with a smug look on her face, took my hand and walked us away from the table.

"What did you say?" I asked as I looked back at Elias.

He wasn't impressed.

Sarah pushed through the door into the entry. Across the small corridor was the other function room where the service was held, in between the two was the doors to the restrooms. There was no chance of her getting lost.

"Sarah, please tell me. I am dying to know."

She leaned on the door as she pushed it open, the smile was mighty.

"I told him that I'd be prepared to get the ruler out and have a measuring contest but if he lost I'd hit it with the ruler. Then I told him that demons and deities have the ability to uh, grow."