Playing with Fire: Chapter 10: Sarah

I woke with a fright, looking around I realized that I was still in the other area, still in the bathtub. The water was still the same temperature and still incredibly warm. Anton was asleep, his head resting against the wall behind the tub. He was adorable when he was asleep, his face so serene.

My hair had become wet at the tips, so I wrangled myself to dip the rest of it in. The water had an intoxicating scent of sandalwood, it was incredible. I leaned on the bath edge and looked out the window to the afternoon sky. The sun was setting and throwing gorgeous colors across the sky. Pinks and purples mixed with varying blues. I was in awe of how pretty it was.

A trickle of water caught him out, I turned and saw the grin as his fingers trailed over my ribs.

"What are you doing?"

"Looking at the view. Isn't it stunning?"

"It sure is."

I looked back at him, his gaze had never left me.

"You are so corny." I laughed.

"Ah, it may be true but at least I am appreciative. Doesn't that grant me some good boy points?"

"I suppose so," I said thoughtfully as I turned back to him.

Holding out for as long as I could, I tried not to laugh. Anton had the most adorable pout, his eyes widening and trying to look sad.

I chuckled and relented, moving over his body and settling onto his lap.

"Alright, good boy points earned. What do you want to spend them on?"

"You, my lovely Sarah."

"Excellent choice. What can I tempt you with?"

"A discussion on the future."

Well, I was not expecting that. Of course my lower half was quietly saying thank you but still, that was a little odd.

He grinned at me like he could read my thoughts or maybe I'd shown disappointment on my face.

"All in good time." He said softly. "Turn around."

Seeing a glowing of something that was shining off the wall behind Anton, I turned around. Gasping as I saw what looked like a scale model of my apartment floating in the air as a hazy image.

"Wow," I whispered as I settled in between his legs.

"All that we have discussed so far, now in a different view. When we finally decide it will be transferred to plans. Once they are on paper you can look at them and make any changes as needed. Now, the first floor."

The building changed from the street view to a plan view of my apartment and the elderly neighbors.

"Your apartment will remain the same until all works are completed so that you have somewhere to live. When it is done then it can be altered into a study if you like."

Anton pulled me back to rest against his chest, his finger waving in the air as the image turned to view the neighbor's apartment.

"Maybe a parlor to receive guests and discuss many wonderful topics."

Walls went down and opened the areas into a large room, new walls went up and created a powder room, stairs, and utility room.

"What do you think so far?"

"I like it, it's a functional floor and easy to navigate."

"Alright then, moving up. Maybe living areas and play room for the children?"

"How many?" I asked with a grin.

I turned slightly and looked at Anton's confused face.

"How many kids do you want?"

"An eternity's worth."

Ouch. That's going to hurt. But pain aside I hugged him with the happiest grin.

"So in years to come, we may need to renovate. Who knows?"

"Maybe with a little planning we could keep them spaced enough so that rooms become available for another child."

"Kicking them out of the nest before they're even born, how fiendish of you Sarah."

I frowned at him, struggling to stop the smile. Instead, I flicked the bath water at him and turned around. As I laid back against him I looked upon the view of the second floor, walls were dropping and new rooms were being made. It consisted of a formal dining room, kitchen with breakfast table and a play room that spanned the entire width of the apartment.

"Don't forget a powder room. I'm not scaling stairs when I'm heavily pregnant because you forgot to put one in."

Anton chuckled and one appeared at the back of the building, taking away a small section from the playroom.

"Demanding already." He sighed with a jovial tone. "And how is that, my love?"

"Looking good."

The view was cast aside for the next floor. One large bathroom sat against the back wall, surrounded by lots of reasonably sized bedrooms. Then a set of stairs went in and I was a little shocked. There were no more floors.

"What's that for?"

"Access to the roof top garden and our room."

I watched as the room appeared to one side of the building, the doors would open out to a garden.

"And a gift for you when you are heavily pregnant or whenever you may want."

A square appeared and as the floors began to connect, the square followed the same path throughout the floors. An elevator.

The view turned to the rear of the building and to the garden that was almost non-existent. There was supposed to be enough space for each of the residents to swing one car in but it was impossible. Collectively we all agreed that car space wasn't that important because there was only one of us that had a car. The guy that lived above me was happy to keep it in the car park that it had stayed in for a few years now. I didn't go down to the garden much, or at all. The last time I had been down there the residents had put a few chairs and a table out, they would sit out there if the weather was good.

But now it was all changing, now there was a cover that ran the length of the fence line. It was enclosed at the front where there was a garage door to the street. Behind the garage was the covered area that overlooked a garden.

It was a small area but it was enough for us. I took Anton's hand and moved it around, grinning as the flowers appeared in the garden beds.

"What do you think Sarah?"

"I think we are going to be very happy here."

Anton hummed a happy tone as the image faded in a puff of smoke. His arm wrapped around me and held me tight against him.

"We sure are."