Tempt the Devil: Chapter 15: Anton

I checked the locks and scoped out the garden beds on the ground. It was far too easy for my liking so I added extra security to the two windows that faced the street and the one in the bathroom. Maybe I was being a little paranoid but I didn't want her being robbed of something that she had worked hard for. I could replace it without a care for how much was taken but that wasn't the point. In robbing the money from the shop, the thief was effectively robbing Sarah of her self-worth. So I did what I could to stop that from happening.

Sarah walked out of the bathroom looking a little dejected. It wasn't what I had set out to do but somewhere along the way she'd taken the restaurants sudden success as a blow to her own entrepreneurial skills. I was a bastard and it wasn't how I wanted to be to her.

She offered a slight smile as she walked to the kitchen, taking the list of ordered food. The morose mood was a little frustrating but I couldn't help but suspect there was more to it than just the restaurant. I crossed the room and entered the kitchen, taking the piece of paper from her and putting it onto the bench.

With a gasp she turned around and looked at me, pressing herself into the corner of the benches. I leaned in and rested my hands on each of the sides, keeping her in the right place. She always managed to wriggle her way out of everything but not this time.

"Talk to me. Tell me what's rattling through your mind."

"Five grand." she said, lowering her eyes.

"Yes, and if you keep it up you could get five grand every day. I merely helped you by getting a couple of demons to hand out flyers. You lacked the staff to do that for you. I gave you the ideas and the funds to open earlier, something that if you had the money you'd be doing anyway. Wouldn't you?"

She nodded.

"I am a business partner Sarah, we mesh together and become unified in our goal that is making the business profitable. Your restaurant isn't the first to struggle in this economy, Sarah. Are we done feeling sorry for ourselves?"

A slight grin twitched on her face, the plump red lips curled in one corner.

"Anything else in there that is worrying you?"

"You talk about being gone in a month."

My heart started to skip to a new beat as I smiled. What a turn of events.

"And what would you like to happen?"

She shrugged and bit her lip, her eyes avoiding mine.

"Over here Sarah."

I took her gently by the chin and turned her to me, the teeth scraped over her lip and caused a wash of emotions flood through me. The pressure from her teeth caused the lip to redden.

"What do you want?" I whispered, moving a little closer.

Her perfume was heavier the closer I got to her, pushing through me with delirious thoughts. I could stand here all night and just soak the smell in. Then again, there were other things that were so much better. But after two days of knowing each other, was that normal? I had no idea.

"To uh, maybe not be rushing off so quickly."

"I see."

My fingers dragged along the cold stone bench, making a path to her. They trailed over the skin of her arms, cooled from the night air and lack of suitable clothing.

"Is that all that you want?"

She shook her head, biting her lip again.

"Oh? What else would you like?"

As she shrugged I took her hands that were crossed over her body, pulling them apart and putting them on my chest. Her lips parted slightly as she stared at her hands.

"Come on Sarah, say it."

"A uh, a kiss." she said quietly.

"Just one?" I asked as I pushed her hair off her shoulder.

Her head lifted and our eyes met, she giggled slightly and shrugged.

"Maybe a few."

My lips traced over hers, enjoying that moment of thrill before diving in. Sarah looked like she was about to have heart palpations so I pressed a little harder and kissed her. A soft, meek groan escaped her as our lips molded together.

I could taste cherry but didn't know why. She hadn't eaten anything with cherries in it. My hand cupped around the base of her head, holding her close. I feared she would run away or something that crushing. Backed into a corner, Sarah wasn't escaping easily. But I could feel how relaxed her body was like we had spent a lifetime kissing each other. The frenetic thump of her heart told me a different story, though.

Her tongue darted over mine, the softest of traces as it passed. Slowly she pulled away, her hands sliding down my chest as she looked down a little shyly.

For all that demon women are lustful, they don't dwell on the loving side of sex. All they want is their own pleasure and nothing more. So this was a man that gave until they screamed with pleasure and then continued for his own. But in this one little kiss, I'd seen a different side of life.

It was soft and perfect, it held so much passion and pleasure yet we were both fully clothed. I looked down into those beautiful blue eyes and knew that I wanted more. More of that kiss, more of what it could lead to, more of her.

"Just one?"

With a rosy scarlet that crossed her cheeks, she smiled and looked down to the side. Sarah was a delicate creature, so easily embarrassed and incredibly shy. But she was intoxicating, she made me drunk with happiness.

Her eyes lifted up to me, fluttering softly with a deeper smile.

"Just one then." I offered and kissed her again.