Tempt the Devil: Chapter 26: Sarah

The bathroom was in keeping with the modern and minimalist white theme that was throughout the apartment. Beside the door was a shelving unit stacked with white fluffy towels. Tucked in behind that was the toilet. The room continued on with the shower on the left and the vanity on the right. But the stand out piece was the egg shaped bath that sat in front of a full length fixed window. The view was amazing but I didn't like being on show like this. Of course, at this height, only people with long range lenses would see me but that wasn't the point.

I padded across the marble floor, my shoes already dumped in the walk through robe that leads to the bathroom. The spaciousness of this place was pretty damned great but it was just too ostentatious for me. I didn't mind pretty things but there was a limit.

I turned on the water and found several bottles on a shelf near the vanity. Testing all of the smells, I quickly decided on a sweet Moroccan rose bath oil. I let out a quiet and appreciative murmur, it was an intoxicating scent.

As the steam rose from the bath, I poured in a few drops and soaked in the smell again.

"Divine," I said low.

Dull thuds hit the wood floor in the walk through robe, even though Anton was able to move quietly I heard him walking over the tiles.

Lust filled the air so thick I could almost taste it. His breath warmed my shoulder as his fingers slid over my spine. The dress fell to my feet, his lips pressed against my shoulder.

"I could not stand to have another night pass and have you think that my hesitation is for any other reason. I would not like to hear that our fraternization has caused a further delay in the end of the phases. Pray that they do not find out that this man has seen too much again."

His lips pressed against the curve of my neck. It made me weak at the knees. To have him so close, to feel the heat of his body against mine. It drove the anticipation for the future to an all-time high.

"But I cannot resist you. You tempt me into places that I have never been. You make me want so much more. I am torn Sarah, I know what is right but I hold so much desire for what we want."

"I understand Anton. Now that I know it is okay. Go and wait outside, it's fine."

I turned around and hugged him, warily his hands found the small of my back and went no further.

"I don't want to delay it any further either. I'm sorry, I should not have teased you."

"Do not be sorry Sarah, it is natural to want to further something that feels right."

He swooped down and kissed me, drawing away just as fast. I stood in my underwear, completely bereft and alone.

The soak in the tub was lonely, I wished that this council wasn't so prudish and controlling. Tonight could have been so perfect. Nice dinner, cuddle under the stars, warm soak in the tub and then a romp under the sheets before sleep.

When I finally emerged from the tub and dressed for bed, I found Anton sitting on the lounge in the bedroom section of the master suite. He was dressed in long bed pants and delectably shirtless.

"Hmm, mama like." I giggled as I sat on the lounge beside him.

He grinned as he leaned over for a chaste kiss. I snuggled into his body, looking at the book he was reading.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"You said that the locator stops watching after they have done their investigation. How would they know what we do if this is true?"

Anton looked up from his book, frowning as he looked across the room.

"They wouldn't. However, there is an issue that you are not aware of."

The book was put aside and he turned to face me.

"So uh, when you transform you can't be pregnant. They do a body scan to ensure that there is no child. If you are pregnant then the transformation has to wait. It is entirely acceptable to plead with them to continue and I have heard that they will continue with the transformation if the subject is pregnant but it takes a lot longer because they have to be more careful. Basically, they have two lives to transform because the subject would be human at the time of conception. This is why they are so rigid about the physical side of relationships, it is quite a task for them to do two transformations in one go, especially for an unborn child. Another thought to consider, what if they make us depart for a year? Do you wish to birth the child without me?"

I shook my head with a slight frown.

"Wear a condom."

"It's not that easy I'm afraid. There is a real chance that they will fail. Of course, I am more than willing to use one but I want you to know that for my kind they are not the ideal choice."

My face scowled with confusion, that had to be the lamest excuse I'd ever heard.

"So if that's true, how do demons avoid getting pregnant?"

"Demons cannot have children, ever. I am not a demon and my kind has already tested and declared that condoms are pretty much ineffective for our kind."

"Does that mean that there are lots of little Anton juniors running around the planet?"

He shook his head at me, I wanted to sigh with relief but refrained from doing so.

"They are rather hit and miss with my kind. Yes, it may work and no it may not. They did a study of them and tested them. Essentially they said to use them but do not trust them, recommending internal protection as a better method."

"Like the pill?"

Anton nodded and with a wave of his hand a thick pile of papers was dumped onto my lap, bound at the side and looking rather worn. It had been read a lot. The front cover was a simple title page that had been typed on a typewriter rather than a computer. Deities and intercourse, the study of usable protection. Part one of five. Geez, there was five of these things.

"So what about infections?"

"Non-existent for a species that is classed as an immortal."

Wow, lucky you then eh?

"So you are saying that because I could possibly become pregnant by you and your wonder sperm, we can't until after I go through phase three?"

Anton laughed with a broad grin.

"Where do you get these from? Wonder sperm? You are always entertaining Sarah." he sighed a happy sigh "Usually phase two and three happens together and of course there is the departure of phase four so this is almost like uncharted territory. We can once phase two is over but generally it isn't recommended. Once you go through phase three and have finished the changeover, we can fornicate until the cows come home."

"Except that, we won't see each other for months," I said dryly. "You know, you'd save a lot of time if you just said things at the beginning rather than wait for me to find out."

"What can I say?" he shrugged "I am the kind of guy that likes to cross the bridge when he gets to it."

I hummed with derision as I dumped the bound papers onto his lap and got off the lounge, wandering over to the bed. It was incredibly soft and I felt comfortable within seconds. A moment later, the lights went out and I felt the sheet lift. Anton slid underneath them and snuggled in behind me.

"I have something to tell you, Sarah."

"What's that?"

"I like this. I want to do this every night for the rest of my life."

I grinned in the darkness of the night, pulling his arm tight to my body.

"Me too."