Playing with Fire: Chapter 19: Anton

I woke long before Sarah did, last night had taken its toll on her. It had been a magical night, everything that I had hoped for and a whole lot more. She had rolled onto her side, the sheet barely covering the curve of her hip. Her hands had pulled the pillow tighter, the long strands of black splayed out over the pillow and bed. She was truly remarkable.

A knock at the door made her flinch, I closed the bedroom door and answered the main door. Marty stood before me, leaning on the door frame. She was always a knockout but more so when she was hungover and thoroughly pleased by physical means. The smile was a mile wide and made it rather obvious.

"Morning d man. Everyone except the love birds are having breakfast, don't be too long."

"Sarah is still asleep."

"I could wake her for you if you like."

Her eyes fluttered as she looked at me with pure heat.

"Thank you for your kind offer Martine but I must pass on that."

"Suit yourself," she said with a sultry smile. "But the offer is always there, call me anytime and I will rock her world. I'll even let you watch."

Far out, she knows how to hit the mark. She turned and sauntered away, my gaze was fixated upon the swing of her hips. I shut the door before I found myself accepting her offer.

When I turned, I nearly jumped out of fright. Sarah was behind me, wrapped in the bed sheet and nothing more. She had a sleepy smile with messy hair, looking absolutely gorgeous.

"Rock my world huh?"

"She is a wild one. Play carefully my love."

"Only if you are there and only if it is what we both want. At this point in my life, all I want is you and no one more or else."

I hummed with happiness, wrapping her into my arms as we returned to the bedroom to dress.

Breakfast should have been boring and normal and for the first part, it was. The masters and their partners had joined us. The conversation moved between generic vampire politics to the latest bit of strife in the human world. But never did they talk about the issues in William's territory, his concerns were so great last night that I thought he would have said something with the other elders in the room but he didn't.

He trusted Augustus and I could never find fault with that trust but it made me wonder why he thought so little of the other three. Was there a thought in his mind of mistrust for one of them?

Towards the end of the meal, Castian began to complain that he was feeling ill. He was sitting between myself and Eliria, she looked at me after checking him over and I could see the fear in her eyes.

"Martine, it might be best if he returns to his parents. Do apologize to them, I know it is their first morning of being married but I am sure they would like to know that their son does not feel well."

She nodded, quietly taking him out of the room and returning a few minutes later. I tried to hold off as long as possible to not seem obvious but I was fearing the worst.

"Well my love, we must retreat or we will miss our flight."

Sarah smiled at me and we said our goodbyes, acting as casual as possible.

Once we were free of the room and in the corridor, I pulled Sarah close to whisper in her ear.

"Go and pack everything, ready for our departure. If anyone knocks on the door, do not answer it. Understand?"

She nodded.

"I will be back really soon."

Once she was in the room I placed a light spell upon it, one that could only be detected by my own kind. It would lock the world out of the room, only allowing access to me. All she had to do was not answer the door if someone knocked.