Queen of Hell: Chapter 30: Sarah

Elstrach's words about our son were still lingering in my mind. A concentrated version of Anton, cute by appearance but deadly within. Was Michael right? Did I have a monster growing inside of me?

I slowly exhaled, trying to find some form of peace as I stood by the window. Already this child was causing me grief, barely any time has passed, and I'm suffering morning sickness. I suspect that the headache I have is from stress, but I cannot be sure.

The murmur of the demons was increasing in volume as more entered the great hall. Anton had finished his discussion with Elstrach who had decided to hang around, declaring that with each passing moment he could see the future more clearly.

We were yet to see the animal keeper; the poor thing has not been passed. Anton said he was an idiot for getting into a position where the dragon could eat him and deserved to suffer the agony of a dragon's digestive tract. Then there was the other thing he'd get to suffer. The thought of it had me running to the bathroom yet again.

Anton wandered over to me, now able wrap his arms around me from behind. I'd removed the train out of sheer frustration, opting to put it back on when Anton finally decided to address the demons.

His hand washed over my stomach as he kissed my neck.

"He grows larger with each moment; you are doing a fantastic job at helping him grow healthy and large."

I smiled at his admiration. "Anton, I'm not doing anything other than throwing up."

"Not true my love, you eat even though you do not hunger for food. You rest when you need it and do not burden yourself with unnecessary tasks."

How could I when there was nothing to do except sit? These meetings were dragging on. It's all that I've done aside from decorating the toilet bowl.

"How long before you address the group?"

"The gates are almost ready to close, the demon master has returned to check over the list and assures me that we are nearing the end."

I glanced at the papers on the desk where Anton had been sitting, contemplating our future and the words of Elstrach while he wrote his speech.

"Will we be able to control our son?"

"Absolutely, he might be a little terror in the making but he is still accountable to his parents, he will still respect us the same, listen when expected, do when told. I know you fear for what Elstrach has said but do not underestimate my ability to control our children. With time you will learn, and your confidence will grow, and you won't need me around to teach and discipline our little darlings."

"Does it upset you that I was originally made for Michael?"

Anton shook his head with an affectionate smile.

"No my love, I think that I am incredibly lucky and feel like sending the fool a thank you of some sort. Personally, I believe he regrets it and that's why he's been so pushy with trying to lure you away from me."

He pulled out his phone and turned to lean on the window sill.

"What kind of thank you gift would you like to send him, my love?"

"Oh, the fireman stud is hot. I think he'd like that."

Anton grinned and clicked on the information.

"Darling you have exceptional taste, what a handsome man. Shame he is made of plastic, though I don't think Michael would mind. It even has somewhere for him to store his little Mikey but I don't know what that's for. Do you darling?"

"Yes Anton, that's for putting in his own storage area."

"Oh. I must say, I am glad you are here to fill me in otherwise I would be rather in the dark."

I chuckled and watched him place the item into the shopping cart and continuing on.

"Ah, now this I've never seen before. Is this another item for his storage area?"

"Indeed it is. Make sure you get one that's big enough for him."

Anton nodded, cheekily adding it to the list.

"And what every responsible person needs, condoms. I didn't realise they made them in extra small."

"I think they might be a novelty item, my love."

"I know, but the poor thing needs protecting. What kind of a friend would I be to allow him to fraternise without something? All these years he's gone without because the standard ones fall off, scandalous."

With a shake of my head, I laughed again, watching as he continued to send our gratitude to Michael.

"This is my favourite site Sarah; they allow the purchases to be sent as a gift, even sending a note from the giver."

"And what are you going to write, my love?"

"Michael," he began, typing as he spoke "We want to thank you for bringing us together, our love for each other is as strong as the fireman on the box, maybe even stronger. Sarah and I hope that you find affection with Frank the fireman, he is most salacious. We have also included a box of necessary items for you to use on little Mikey, to protect yourself against the disease you fear. We know it won't work to stop the disease, merely a little fun to point out the obvious. You would do well to protect yourself, Michael. And finally, the penetrator. We know that you will understand, a symbol of where you can stick things. With lots of hugs, kisses, and thanks to you, Anton and Sarah."

With a few more pressed buttons the order was placed, and Anton was grinning madly.

"Will there ever be a dull moment with you?"

"No, would you like a dull moment?"

"No."

We laughed a little, looking at each other as the humour fell away. Anton could see the hesitation on my face. His fingers trailed over my cheek, sliding down to my jaw as he gently pulled me in for a soft kiss.

"It's going to be okay Sarah; you don't need to fear the future."

I nodded and wrapped my arms around his waist, his arms pulling me into his body.

"I will protect you, always."