Queen of Hell: Chapter 18: Sarah

Anton was looking at a pram with a mighty frown. He leaned over and whispered to me.

"It says all terrain wheels, do you think that it covers hell?"

I laughed, shaking my head at him.

"Will we be going for walks down there?"

"Maybe. Cerberus certainly likes them. How odd will that look? The devil and his queen, the son of Satan and the hell hound, all off for a Sunday stroll through hell."

I grinned for a moment and then stopped. "Are we having a boy?"

"And how would I know that Sarah? You are only just pregnant."

"Then what's the deal with the son of Satan?"

He sighed and finally relented.

"Forgive me, my love. I had hoped to give you a surprise when the child is born, but it is true, a lovely lad for us first up then luck of the draw after that."

"Is this some kind of sexist ruler thing?"

"Only one ruler," Anton said as he tapped his sternum. "There is a reason for it. I think I read about it somewhere, something about the downfall of humanity when the son does something."

Anton waved his hand in the air, seemingly disinterested in what our naughty child was going to do in the future.

"Anton." I hissed under my breath, chasing after him.

He'd made his way to the clothing, perusing the jackets.

"Shame that hell is too warm for these. Aren't they just the cutest?"

"Who are you?" I said dryly. "The devil thinks baby clothes are cute, seriously?"

"You've made to believe a lot of lies Sarah, do not believe what you've heard about me."

Anton put the jacket back on the rack and continued, finding several little outfits to add to the growing pile.

"What is our child going to do?"

"Many great things, we shall be parents that never hinder and always praise. They can do anything and become whatever they want."

"Anton," I growled under my breath.

The sales woman was watching us. Part of me wanted to believe that she thought we were shoplifters but in reality, she was nearly eye humping my husband. She was salivating at the sight of him. I can't say as I blamed her, he was just gorgeous, but she had to back off otherwise this little person might just go a little crazy.

"Yes, my beautiful wife."

"What is our son going to do and stop changing the subject."

"This is hardly the time or the place for it Sarah."

"You said it, not me. How could you say it and not expect me to be curious?"

He nodded a little glumly as he continued to wander through the store. If we left anything behind it would be truly amazing.

"Okay my love, I will relent, but it cannot be here. Now, shall we be cloth or plastic?"

Anton held up a packet of cloth diapers with a crazy grin.

"We could bring it back into fashion my darling."

"To who? Demons that can't have children? We are nobodies to the outside world, Anton."