Playing with Fire: Chapter 16: Sarah

Poor Nick looked like he was ready to pass out. Or maybe throw up. Either way, it wasn't good. I found it interesting that he could go from the cheeky charmer to this, a man that was so vulnerable to his emotions. The music started and everyone stood as one little princess toddled her way down the aisle. She was just as freaked out as the groom. And she was utterly adorable. Seeing her so cute in the pretty dress with the little tiara, the large tumbling locks of brown that was pinned into a cute mass of curls, it made me want for a little girl of my own. Once she saw her daddy, she was fine. Wrapped up in his reassuring arms, she was happily munching on something brown. I did not want to know what it was made of but I had a sneaking suspicion that I was something with blood in it.

I turned back to the aisle in time to see one proud young man leading his mother past us. Castian was just as gorgeous, the suit made him look so much older. He passed his mother over with a few whispered words and a kiss from his mother.

Nick seemed more relaxed now, in fact, he actually seemed fine. He was smiling, he looked like he was in love. It was so sweet and I couldn't wait for Anton and me to have our turn. As crazy as it sounded, after just a few weeks of knowing Anton, I wanted a life with him. I was ready for eternity.

But my problem was this grand council nonsense. That the fifth phase was our wedding with those assholes presiding over it. I didn't want them anywhere near us when we married. Thinking of all manner of things that I could do once I had my approval, I smiled and thought that my first task would be to find something sharp and sinking it into those that made my life a misery. I'd start with the woman in the center, the one that seemed to have a severe disliking for Anton.

With a grin that could make many weep with fear, Anton leaned into my ear.

"What is that naughty smirk for?" He whispered in my ear.

"Deciding on what manner of torture to inflict upon the council after the end of phase five."

Anton grinned like he had just won the lottery. I guess having such dark thoughts was pleasing for the man that was all about darkness.

We were now sitting, Anton's arm was around me and pulling me tight to him. His other hand was holding mine, our fingers laced together.

Maybe this world was mistaken as to who the true devil was. Maybe I was just a naughty girl. Maybe the devil was more than just temptation to this innocent girl. It didn't matter, I loved the desire he had for me. The inability to let go, not touch and look away, he struggled with them all and I loved it. I was the same too, he was like an addictive drug. Craving more and more with each hit, I could never think that anything could or would be better.

I loved to feel the heat of his skin against mine. His body was perfect, toned and just the way that I liked it. It was like he was made for me and I was made for him. That was an odd thought, was I made for the devil?

I didn't want to think about it, I didn't want to know. It wouldn't make any difference to me, my past would never change and I didn't want the future ruined by something that was not important.

With the thoughts cast aside, I moved my free hand to his leg and slowly moved it higher. When I got as far as I dared, my pinkie finger went out and dragged along the edge of the curve, tracing over the line of his thigh and pelvis.

His eyebrow raised as the grin curled into the corner of his mouth. A flush of heat washed through the room like someone had turned the air conditioning off. People fanned themselves with the little booklets and a soft murmur that sounded remarkably like moans broke out.

Intense pleasure sparked in between my legs, I pushed them together to try and stop it but all it did was make it a whole lot worse. Now I ached for him. I wanted him more than ever as the ecstasy became stronger. Pressing again I felt a surge of pleasure push up into the pit of my stomach.

My head rolled as I closed my eyes, reveling in the sensations. It was like his hand was there, teasing and tempting, pleasuring and enjoying. I was in heaven. Deviant heaven, but heaven nonetheless.

The man who was conducting the service pulled at the edge of his collar as he tried to restrain what was clearly pleasure flowing through him. Rowan and Nick seemed oblivious to it all, too wrapped up in each other to care. Or maybe they were struck by the rolling wave of euphoria, they were certainly smiling.

I looked at Anton who had a cheeky smile and I knew he was the culprit. He was distracting them from seeing what I was doing to him. I narrowed my eyes at him with a playful smirk which earned me a shrug. Play with fire and you are going to get burned, it was obvious. So I moved my hand back down his leg and vowed to continue this when we had the cover of a table cloth or maybe in the restroom.

The coldness returned to the room, everyone stopped fanning themselves and looking like they were about to start fornicating on their chairs or the floor.

"It's a wedding," I whispered indignantly.

"I can see that Sarah." He whispered back as he lowered to my ear. "But by all means, whip it out and continue. I can throw the shield up at any time you want to continue to play."

"I was only teasing."

"As was I."

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head with the grin that I could not shake and returned to the front. He was right, I started it and he ended it. I shouldn't have teased him and getting angry at him was just plain wrong. But it was fun.