Shadow of Death: Chapter 6: Sarah

The dress did fit; I found it rather surprising. It pulled me in and tightened the flabby bits, showing a round bump on my stomach and perfect curves for hips. I couldn't wear a bra, but the dress pulled them up as well, making my breasts sit high and round.

When I emerged from the dressing room, I could hear Anton humming as he dressed Brannon. I didn't know what to say or think about earlier. Grateful that he loved Brannon instantly but jealous that I now had to share his love. I guess that he probably thought the same way about me now as well.

For a few moments I watched as he tried to figure out the clothes, Brannon was squawking rather loudly and sounding like he was not impressed at his father's efforts.

"Why don't you just wave your fingers like you do for your own clothes?"

"Because there is no fun in that my love."

His eyes lifted to me, dragging over with an appreciative smile. Lifting Brannon off the table, Anton held him to his chest and walked over.

"You looking stunning."

"Thanks, I feel like I've been crammed in, but it fits so go on, gloat at how right you were."

"I do not gloat when I know that what I have said is the truth. The dress was made to your exact shape Sarah; I knew it would fit because it was made to."

He walked behind me, stopping as his free hand slid to my hip, his lips upon the crook of my neck.

"And I look forward to removing it from you later."

Anton took my hand and guided me out of our bedroom. The corridors of this place were a little dark, especially compared to the bedroom and living quarters. Everything was lined with wood panels; corridors were a dark stain, bedrooms were a light stain. In our bedroom and living quarters, it was a white paint that filled the area with so much more light; it was breathtaking.

We entered the reception room; the staff was lined along the walls, bowing and curtseying as we passed. Nick and Rowan were standing by the doors, as was Nolia, Anton's assistant. I was yet to warm to her, though to be fair we hadn't had much of a chance to interact. She knew her place; she knew that it was a thin line before her queen became enraged. Of course, the show of what would happen if they tried to tempt Anton was still hanging in the courtyard for everyone to see.

Once they all had their hello cuddles and cooed over Brannon, the staff left to be in the crowd. The only people that stayed in the reception room was Nick and Rowan; the reason was their own newborn children.

I hoped that Michael did not lock the gates, Anton said that it was impossible for him to do it now that he had done it himself but I still worried about it. Or rather, I worried about Nick, Rowan and their babies. I would like for them to be here while Brannon and our other children grew up. With the demons unable to have children, it would be a rather boring life for them unless Anton deemed it safe to walk the Earth again.

Nick opened the large glass doors as we approached, stepping back as the crowd began to cheer. I'd never been one for such an excessive display, but this was my life now. Anton smiled at me as we stepped out onto the balcony, kissing my hand as we stopped. And as if he could hear some unspoken whisper about how things were between us, he snaked his arm around my back and pulled me closer.

"My beautiful queen, they adore you as much as I do and like their leader they are grateful for the gift of life that you have breathed into this world."

His eyes were wild with amusement as he smiled at me.

"And I have thought about your idea for bringing Michael to his knees; we shall proceed with it, starting with death."

Brannon was passed into my arms, Anton turned to his demons and called for quiet. I turned and looked at Nick and Rowan with slight panic. I'd said it but thought that he wouldn't take me seriously.

"My demons, with the birth of our son, my wife and I have pondered our future. You know of our troubles, you may have heard that an angel burned down your queen's restaurant on Earth. Michael followed us, tried to drive a wedge between us and told your beloved queen that the child she was carrying was a monster. Tell me, my friends, does this harmless child look like a monster to you?"

The crowd cheered with a resounding no, their voices rising high into the air.

"Michael thinks that we are the bane of his existence, that the Earth would be better off if we did not exist. What is this world if we cannot freely do what we are made for? Our task in life is to tempt man yet we are forced to remain in the shadows like some diseased vermin. Are we vermin my friends? I think not. This is how we are treated. Heaven looks down at us like they do not want us, so I say to you that we will turn our backs on them. Let them see what this world is like without us, without death, and when they think that things could not be any worse, we will stop life from being created."

Anton's voice carried over the crowd; I could see their faces as they cheered him on, eager to do their master's bidding. No matter how crazy the thought or the idea was, they were prepared to do it. His request was their sustenance, he asked, and they did without question.

His grip on the balustrade was hard, leaning to them as if he had to ensure that they would hear him. There was no issue, the man's voice seemed to boom across the land.

"And when Heaven realises that they need us, we will make them pay. We will create chaos, harvesting souls randomly, giving life where it is not intended. There will be no order; there will be no warning. We will bring them to their knees and make them beg."

The crowd went wild with his rousing speech; I looked to Nick and Rowan who seemed to be the only sane demons in the place. Like me, they had anxious looks on their faces.