The pouring rain drummed loudly as each window trembled from the fierce wind.

The astronomy class had been cancelled due to the gloomy weather meaning Carmen had a free period.

The common room wasn't exactly empty, a few students sat lurking on each couch chatting overly loud for her liking so she took the liberty to move one of the many club chairs closer to the window, so that now she's at the furthest corner, away from people.

She regretted the thin material of her sweater as the silent breeze slithered from the tiny holes of each window.

It was moments like this that carmen treasured, small, peaceful and most importantly quiet. She felt entirely grateful for being a Slytherin; for the common room was magnificent, In the girl's opinion there couldn't be any better place.

She must have slept, because when her eyes fell on the clock it was already 3 am, meaning she had already missed dinner, but these thoughts quickly evaporated when she noticed the thick comforter that was wrapped tightly around her.

Before she even began to question the situation her eyes fell on the only person left in the common room; he was curled into himself his figure representing an oval,

as she got closer to him she noticed his shivering state, so the girl wasted no time to wrap the comforter around him securing it till it covered him completely.

Regulus must have sensed it because at once he bolted right awake gasping for air

"Relax, it's only me" Carmen said awkwardly patting the boy's head and she couldn't help but love the way it was all messy and disheveled.

Regulus-who nearly had a panic attack-nodded letting out a sigh of relief as he tried to control his breathing again.

After he calmed down abit he turned to look at her "When did you wake up?" And it took everything in carmen not to crumble as his sleepy eyes and throaty voice made an excellent duo.

Her mind raced with answers,but she settled on "Just now", after a moment of silence she realized that he had been the one who ensured her warmth so she quickly muttered a small
'thank you'

The boy gave her a confused look having no idea what she was talking about, it was his nature, Regulus never understood anything when he was sleepy.

"For the blanket, I mean"

"Oh" he nodded trying to hide the blush that crept upon his cheeks "It's nothing, you were shivering and-"

Carmen quickly shut him off with another pat, but on his hand this time and the it took everything in Regulus not to faint then and there.

It was really complicated for him, he had always hated physical touch, even from his own brother, so why was he craving it so deeply from her?

"A girl asked me to introduce her to you today" Carmen said slowly waiting for his reaction but the boy didn't give much as he just shook his head in refusal which made carmen's frown deepen "what? why?"

It was Regulus' turn to be confused, raising one perfectly arched brow at the girl Infront of him "because we're supposed to be together?"

"yeah, but it's fake right? I mean-" she tried but he quickly cut her off with a dismissive hand

"fake or not, I do not care" he said with a not-so-well hidden scowl,

In Regulus' mind he thought the girl was only proposing this idea so she could date someone else, when infact a random girl did talk to carmen about her strange liking towards him

ofcourse Carmen understood this from his vague expressions, so she decided to tease the boy "So does this statement go both ways, or..."

Her thoughts were confirmed when Regulus' face turned red from anger "You're free to date whoever you want, as long as they don't find out" he said referring to their families and the proud smirk that rested on her face was quickly replaced by a disappointed sigh.

"mhm" she mumbled, her voice almost a whisper.

"So you want to?" He said feeling more flustered than ever as his feelings were an odd mix of possessiveness and irritation.

"want what?"

"To date someone, someone else?"

"No!" she said, mentally cursing herself for replying so hurryingly.

Relief filled his insides, yet he couldn't stop himself from asking "Why did you ask then?"

"Just checking" she settled on this answer. easy, simple.

"mhm" he nodded pulling the blanket closer to his freezing figure

After a while of awkward silence; Carmen decided to break it "Do you want to do something?"

The boy, who had been daydreaming earlier furrowed his brows giving her a confused look, It was already so late and the whole castle was probably sleeping, but she had this excited look on her face that urged him to agree to whatever she had in mind and so without hesitation he looked up at her standing figure and said "Yes"

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆
Regulus is so adorable istg. I literally need him, not even kidding.

Also, you guys better appreciate this, because I'm writing while my kidney stones are killing me so yeah....

Don't forget to vote!!