Carmen's throat itched from the lack of speaking and her whole body felt numb.

A strong light burned her eyes and for a moment Carmen thought she died if not for the quiet mumble of a certain curly head.

The half-awake girl moved her heavy head to the side only to be surprised by Regulus' sleeping figure, he had dark circles under his eyes and looked much thinner, much paler.

On the small table beside her; Carmen noticed a bar of chocolate and a mug filled with a delicious black liquid.

She searched her head for reasons to be here, reasons to feel so weak, but she just couldn't remember a thing after that fight with Regulus when the necklace sent them back in time.

As if on cue; Regulus' eyes fluttered open, widening as he took her in "You're awake" he announced in a mumble almost not believing himself, "You're awake!" Regulus repeated, but much louder and Carmen held back a giggle at his childish excitement.

"No shit sherlock" and even though the remark was sarcastic, she couldn't help but smile further at the sight of him.

Regulus looked confused on the outside, but inside his whole body was on fire, lit by the mere look of her, his heart throbbed once her voice reached his ears, his lips curved on their own accord and he felt happier than ever.

Carmen on the other hand was freaked out by his sudden silence "Regulus are you alright?"

"Say that again, but slower" he said, almost in a whisper

she furrowed her eyebrows, "What? your name?" and he nodded like a lost puppy "Regulus"

His smile deepened "God, I love when you say it"

Her heart skipped a few beats.

"Well, you should, you have a pretty name" Carmen's eyes relaxed at the sight of him, Regulus was always easy on the eye.

"Is that a compliment, Thompson?"

"More like a confession, Black"

⋆⁺₊⋆ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Soon enough the whole friend group came flooding through the infirmary door, while Carmen snacked on the chocolate Regulus gifted her.

The first to enter was barty, practically running to engulf her in a tight hug "You scared me half to death, never do that again" erupting a laugh out of her.

Then came Evans who was white faced and breathing heavily "sorry-" he broke down to catch his breath "Barty practically dragged me down up here" which made Carmen giggle even more at the dynamic,

Dorcas and Pandora embraced her at once mumbling giddy congratulations, and after the group helped her remember the lost parts of her memory; Madame pomfery dismissed them all.

The middle aged woman gave her two potions, which immediately helped with the pain-regardless of the taste,

Then proceeded to conjure a few healing spells and she was ready to go,

But before she did; Carmen needed to ask one last question, "What was it?"

The woman bit the inside of her cheek, but answered her nonetheless "Very dark magic"

"A curse?" Carmen wondered.

"Yes" nodded madame pomfery,

Carmen grabbed her coat and leaded for the door, but not before pomfery spoke once more
"I've never seen anything like it, you know?"

"The curse?"

"How you healed, you have to understand young lady, this is very dark magic; a curse like this should have killed you on the spot"

The girl blinked rapidly, unable to process the new information "And what are you insinuating, professor?"

Pomfery sighed, "Someone is after you, and by the looks of their first try, Your death is wanted."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

So, someone is after Carmen, huh? I sense a betrayal.....

Let's hope she doesn't die in the process.

VOTE.