9

"Oh my god, I love you for this" barty said between chewing and swallowing a cookie resulting in him almost choking if it not had been for Pandora's harsh slap on his back

"Thanks, dora"

After Carmen and Regulus went back to the common room with two batches of chocolate chip cookies; they decided to wake their friends, before the cookies become dry.

"I feel dumb" Evan blurted and they all turned to look at him confused.

"Why do you feel that?" Pandora asked.

"Really, dora? Eating cookies and drinking milk in the middle of the night?"

"What, you don't like them?" Carmen inquired trying to hide her disappointment, but ofcourse Regulus noticed and quickly snatched the cookies from Evan's hand, glaring at him as he did so.

"Little children" dorcas muttered almost in a sigh.

"I'm not saying I didn't like the cookies, they're delicious Carmen, but with the way your boyfriend is glaring at me; I don't think I'll live to enjoy another one" Evan grumbled turning his head to glare back at Regulus by the end of this sentence.

"I think we should all relax abit, Evan is just grumpy because he loved his bed too much" barty said with a roll of his eyes

"I second that" dorcas agreed

"I third that" pandora added

"I fou-" barty tried saying, but he was quickly cut off by an impatient huff from Evan "yeah, we get it"

"Hey!" Barty said and somehow he got in an endless argument with Regulus about something absurd.

"I'm saying we should do something!" Evan shouted over the chaos of his friends and they all instantly shut up, staring at the blonde boy -once again- in confusion.

"Go on" Regulus waved his hand, urging him to continue.

"With the recent events" he started glancing at me, barty, and Regulus "And with the war going on, all we need is a good party" he finally let that mischievous smirk fall back on his face.

"I see where you're going with this" barty smirked back, instantly agreeing with his best friend.

"I'm in" Carmen said and Regulus quickly turned to glare at her "No, you're not!"

"Yes, I am!"

"You're not going anywhere!"

"You can't fucking control me like that, besides; I need a good drink" she shrugged ignoring her fake-boyfriend.

"That's the spirit!" Evan let out a laugh, and so they found themselves rushing back to their dorms to get ready.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ⋆⁺₊⋆

The music drummed loudly around them as they pushed their way into the crowd.

"I hate crowds, and parties" Regulus said, leaning down to whisper in Carmen's ear sending chills down her back.

"I love them!" Barty shouted over the noise and Dorcas quickly agreed.

"Ohhhh, I love that song!!" Pandora exclaimed seemingly over excited as she pulled Dorcas' into the dance floor disappearing between the hundreds of people.

While Carmen was distracted by barty's random remarks; Regulus took this as a chance to get lost in her.

She wore a thin-strapped tight blouse with a short black skirt, and Regulus felt extremely grateful for the sheer tights underneath.

Evan-who had noticed Regulus' piercing gaze-sat smirking at the boy infront of him "Instead of staring at her like that, try talking to her"

"Staring at her like what?" Regulus asked with furrowed brows.

"Like you want to rip her clothes off" he blurted loud enough for the whole room to hear, Regulus quickly slammed a hand over his mouth, but the damage was already done as their other two friends stopped talking, peppering them with weird glanced instead.

"Want to rip whose clothes' off?" Barty asked matching Evan's smirk who licked the back of Regulus' hands inorder to annoy him even further.

"You're disgusting!" He spat

"Want to rip whose clothes' off?" Barty repeated once again switching his gaze between the two of them.

"Don't you know who, its-"

"someone you don't know!" Regulus quickly interupted, adding a mental note to beat the crap out of Evan's teasing arse.

"Someone here you mean?" Carmen asked focusing on the boy, which made Regulus even more nervous as he couldn't look into her black lined eyes.

"y-yes"

"ohhh, looks like Reggie here has a crush" Evan said returning to his usual teasing.

"Now I'm curious to know what she looks like" barty grumbled

"Oh she's hot, alright" he added, his smirk deepening when the curly haired boy narrowed his eyes at him.

Barty slouched on his chair "Ugh, now I regret not seeing her even more"

"oh, you saw her" the blonde boy threw a knowing look to barty making him open his mouth in a gasp "oh my god"

"Aha" evan nodded.

"He likes her back?" Barty said lowering his voice this time while moving to sit closer.

"Wait, she likes him back?" Evan's eyes widened in shock

"Fuck, you mean to tell me that they're both too oblivious in this whole fake-dating thing?"

"I mean to tell you just that"

They both turned to stare at their too innocent friends, watching as Regulus kept staring at her from afar while carmen sat, face resting on her left hand, grumpier than ever.

Soon enough, the girl got bored of this weird situation as barty abandoned her for Evan and Regulus was acting weirder than usual.

"Two shots, please" she waved to the already staring bartender and he nodded with a wink, ofcourse that didn't go unnoticed by Regulus.

"What's his fucking problem?" He said moving closer to where she stood

"There's no problem" Carmen stated and before she even finished this sentence the bartender placed the two small cups with a wink.

The girl ignore the previous act, already wanting to get drunk, so with a fast pace she downed these two shots before ordering another one.

"You really want to get wasted, don't you?" He said moving sitting close enough that all she smelled was his magnetic scent which was a weird mix between amber and lavender.

She nodded, adding "You should too"

"Alright if you say so" he snatched the last vodka shot from her and downed it as if it's water.

"Careful, or you'll get too drunk"

"That's the whole point"

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Wait till next chapter, drunk Regulus is a maniac to society 💀

Don't forget to vote ಠಿ⁠_⁠ಠ

Update: pls get me to 5k before October ends, I feel like a failure