21

Barty told me all about his father. It's not like I didn't exactly know how messed up their relationship was, but Barty wasn't much of a deep-talker, he didn't like to talk about his personal life, rather just pushing it all in.

That night was an exception, because on this particular night Barty exploded. He went on and on about the letters his father sent him, and the continues threats.

The truth was: Barty crouch Sr was never satisfied with his son, whether he was the best person to ever exist or the worst person on the planet. He only cared about his status and his wife.

And while Barty's mother was nothing like his father, she was still too consumed in hosting parties and keeping their name high.

Carmen really tried to say something in their favor, but then she too knew nothing of good parenting.

So with heavy hearts; the two friends drank away their sorrows.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ⋆⁺₊⋆

The next few weeks passed away quicker than usual. The group of Slytherins found themselves amid exam season.

Barty, Regulus, Evan, Dorcas and Pandora sat for what felt like hours waiting for Carmen.

At last, the mysterious girl came running as her long hair swayed behind her.

"I got it!" She whisper-yelled, placing a piece of crumbled parchment infront of them.

Barty clapped enthusiastically, "I knew you could do it!" While Regulus and Evan shook their head in amusement.

"Do what?" Pandora asked, as clueless as ever.

Dorcas smirked at Carmen, "This little devil right here persuaded our charms professor to tell her the most important points in the exam" pointing at her.

Pandora opened her mouth in amazement,"No you did not!"

Carmen laughed even more, "It's all because of her angelic face, look at her! she seems as innocent as ever" Barty remarked with a sly smile.

Evan agreed, "It's true, if I didn't know you and saw you murdering someone infront of me, I'd say you're still innocent"

"And now?" Regulus asked

"Now I'd definitely suspect her" Evan said, making the rest of them erupt in laughter.

"Enough talking about me, let's focus on the task at hand" Carmen announced, and so they did, Trying to memorize every single detail the professor mentioned; which is much less compared to what they had before.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ⋆⁺₊⋆

The sounds of scribbling was all that could be heard in the great hall, as each student was too consumed in the exam.

Carmen narrowed her eyes, trying to remember the last question, but still no use.

Looking around her, she saw that everyone was either revising or handing their paper.

Regulus, who had finished long ago, noticed the panicked girl.

Huffing once more, Carmen almost gave up. That until, she felt something trying to get past her mind walls.

Someone's is trying to read her thoughts!

Quickly, she blocked them, turning around to inspect who was it, but when she saw the glare that Regulus was giving her; she understood.

"What's taking you so long?" Carmen heard his familiar voice, so quiet, yet so gentle-almost like a whisper.

"I don't know the answer to question number eight" she thought, only to hear him again after a minute or so, "It's Aguamenti, what else?"

The girl could not believe it, Regulus Black, the well-known arrogant who refused to let anyone get a higher grade; was helping her? And even though they were getting on a certain point in their newly-formed friendship, sometimes she still didn't understanding him.

Confused, Carmen turned to look at him as she thought "uh, nothing, thank you" feeling as though her heart would jump out of her chest and run back to him.

Regulus only nodded, hiding a proud smile that only appeared when he thought of her.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"I'm going insane!" Barty announced, closing his book with a thud.

Carmen and Regulus glanced at eachother, both obviously bored from barty's constant complains.

"It all ends tomorrow" Evan replied, him too, tired of studying. And It was the truth, because tomorrow recorded the last day of their sixth year.

The friend group had mixed feelings: Evan was happy to finally return. Barty hated the idea of having to wait for grades, although he was quite content. Carmen dreaded seeing her mother once more and Regulus felt the sudden grief of nostalgia.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Only one hour was left until every student had to leave for the summer.

Carmen sat infront of the mirror, trying to recognize her reflection. She thought about how much she changed in the last few months.

Amusing how a hurried decision meant to anger her mother turned into the best one yet, Carmen dared to say that she considered Hogwarts as a home.

Without this decision; she wouldn't have met Barty, Evan, Dorcas, Pandora and Regulus.

Oh, how much she wished she hadn't met Regulus. It wasn't because she hated his precence no, it was because she loved it dearly. The girl was hopelessly and utterly inlove with his beauty and not even the darkness of his soul could scare her away.

A faint knock on the window pulled Carmen out of her fantasies.

It was silver-mist, the owl that always delivered the letters for Carmen, the girl practically saw her everywhere, the kind-eyes creature was always nearby, Carmen liked to consider it as her guardian angel, if anything.

The owl held one black letter that was sealed with gold, the kind of letter that only came from the Black family.

Dear carmen,
We are delighted to invite you to spend your summer holidays in our mansion, I've already spoken to your mother and she splendidly agreed. We will be expecting you with Regulus for dinner tonight.

W. B

Carmen almost screamed in frustration, the girl was so grateful to spend some time alone in hopes of collecting her thoughts, but now with Regulus' close proximity at all times, Carmen doubted she'd be able to hide what her heart held.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎
Something interesting, huh?
Also rn I'm at the lowest point in my life, like I just failed physics which I very hardly studied so idk what to say, vote if you wish I have no motivation to force you.