The castle was awfully dark, they could barely make out the way as each portrait continued to grumble at them.

While Carmen's wand was raised up focused on the path infront, Regulus was curious to where she was leading them, but the girl denied any questions from him.

"Are we there y-"

"Don't even start that bullshit again" she quickly said warning him with a stern look.

Pfftt

Each time a ghost started hissing at them Regulus would raise his wand even higher to disturb them further, but unfortunately peeves had caught him placing a tiny insect on the nape of his neck.

"Ahhhh!" Regulus screamed shocking Carmen as the girl abruptly turned around to examine any danger, but instead she found him fighting a stupid ant.

"shh!" The girl hissed nudging Regulus with a panicked look.

"Don't shush me!" The boy groaned his face falling into a childish pout "did you see that insect? I swear it was trying to bite me or something"

"Insects don't bite you idiot"

"Yes, they do!"

Carmen almost smacked him across the face because his unnecessary manners
"shut up, you're making too much noise!"

The boy narrowed his eyes at her already regretting this idea, but none the less he followed aimlessly.

After a moment of silence he got bored again "What is it with you and dark corridors"

"Do you want me to leave you alone right now, or what?"

"No"

"Then stay silent!"

"Yes ma'am"

⋆⁺₊⋆ ⋆⁺₊⋆

The light dimmed stairs led to a singular portrait of a fruit bowl.

Carmen leaned down and started to knock, three times to be exact.

Regulus almost snorted at the sight infront of him, that until the huge drawing revealed the doors to the kitchens

Oh

"You've only been here for a few months and you managed to reveal every single secret of this castle?" Regulus wondered aloud

"I'm just amazing like that" she sassed and the boy was quick to roll his eyes.

Exactly like hogwarts, the kitchens were quiet as all the house elves were in deep slumber leaving the room all to ourselves.

"Lumos maxima!" With a wave of her wand the room lit up but not all of it creating a cozy atmosphere.

"Can I talk now?" Regulus asked seemingly annoyed

"Sadly, yes" she mocked

The boy chose to ignore her sarcastic remark "What are we doing here?"

"We are baking!" Carmen exclaimed waving her hands excitingly

"wha- why?"

"Because I said so" she said as if it was the most obvious thing in the whole world

"Yes, but why are we doing this right now?" Regulus repeated the question as he was still somewhat lost.

"It's cold outside, we're bored, and who wouldn't want something fresh out of the oven?"

Well, he couldn't disagree with that....

"Alright!" Regulus huffed pulling his sweater so now he was only left in a pair of grey sweatpants.

"um, what are you doing?" Carmen asked trying so hard not to stare at his abs

The boy only shrugged "I don't want to get my sweater dirty"

"Okay...." She mumbled, her voice almost a whisper,

damnit, control yourself!

"Carmen?" Regulus asked confused why the girl wouldn't meet his gaze

"Carmen?" He repeated taking a few steps closer to the girl "what are you doing?"

"Nothing"

"You're avoiding me"

"Pfft, no" she pretended to scoff but it came out more like a snort

"Am I making you uncomfortable sweetheart?" Even though she wasn't looking at him she could hear the smirk forming on his lips and that gave her the courage to look him exactly in the eyes and do this:

She placed both her hands around his neck and let her forefinger wander freely and very slowly from his shoulder down to his torso before saying "I don't know, Are you?"

The smirking boy turned into a flustered mess as a crimson blush spread across his normally pale cheeks.

"um-no-I-" Regulus tried saying but his voice betrayed him making the words come out almost like a choke.

With that Carmen took a few steps back with a giggle "Relax reggie" which also didn't help slowing his frantic heartbeat as the nickname seemed to make it go faster if that was possible.

Regulus didn't know it, but Carmen's heartbeat was beating as fast as him.

He watched intensely how she gathered the ingredients placing them neatly on the table before enchanting it to be higher.

God,she never fails to amaze me.

"How can I help you?" Regulus asked eager to do something in this process.

"You can mix this while I add the sugar" she replied moving abit to the side so that he can stand.

As she got back with the sugar, she realized that they were now in a very close proximity,

god help me.

As Regulus kept mixing the forming dough Carmen's eyes wandered to his abs, sure the boy was skinny but he did have some muscles going on, resulting in the perfect combination.

"Creepy" Regulus mumbled loud enough for her to hear with a faint smile plastered on his lips.

Carmen rolled her eyes trying to change the subject "What shape are we making them?"

At that Regulus stopped what he was doing furrowing his brows, deep in thought, before he said

"Stars"

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

A little filler chapter, sorry.....
Anyways, don't forget to vote!