38✴

"Cmonnnn pick upppp"
I paced around in my room, my phone against my ear as the only thing I heard were my footsteps and the momentary beeps from the phone. Jisung hasn't texted me in over 24 hours and I was starting to get a bit worried.
"I'm sure he's just busy or something... You really shouldn't worry that much", sungea, who I had woken up due to my panick, sat on my bed, sipping on her tea as she waited with me.
" I knowwww but I'm scared... You know what happened last time someone close to me didn't reply anymore? They got kidnapped and killed in front of me!" I grip my hair in frustration, recalling my boyfriend for the 30th time.
My anxiety was rising more and more by the minute as I couldn't think of anything else in that very moment.
"What if he's hurt? What if he's dying at the side of a road? What if he found someone else already?!" I looked at sungea with fear in my eyes, biting my nails anxiously as he yet again didn't pick up.
I sat down next to her with a Huff, pouting at the floor
"Cmon... I'm sure he's alright... He's almost an adult y/n...he knows what he's doing", sungea reassured me, rubbing my back soothingly.
"Yea... But I just wish he would act like one too... I mean... He can't be all that mature and responsible if he prioritizes his band over his own partner... And I'm not over exaggerating, we both know he's been doing that for way longer than just Christmas holidays..." , resting my head on her shoulder I stare at the floor.
The holidays after that were pure torture for me. I didn't want sungea and Lee know to suffer because of me, so I left them to enjoy themselves alone most times while I stayed alone in the hotel room.
I haven't heard from him at all, my heart sunk deeper and deeper with each passing day as I slowly lost myself, only laying in bed and staring at the ceiling.

Day before departure

The morning sun hit my eye like a punch as I woke up, groaning with a massive headache. I turned away, hiding myself under the blanket as I didn't feel like getting up yet. That's when sungea came in, sitting on the edge of my bed.
"Y/n....i know you're awake, I heard you groan"
I slowly peeked my head out from under the covers, staring at her with a sleepy expression.
"Look, I know you're sad... and I too have no idea what's wrong with jisung... Why he isn't texting any of us... But it's the end of the year, you already spent most of the holidays here in this room... At least enjoy this last day..."
She looked at me with a pleading expression
"I don't know... I don't feel well"
"Yeah well, that's because you've been rotting in this room all week, you don't even give yourself the chance to get some fresh air and movement!"
I sigh, sitting up in my bed and rubbing my eyes.
"Do I have t-"
"Yes you do, now get yo ass up before I make you"
I groan and get up, stomping over to my closet to get Some cozy clothes to wear for today.
I couldn't think positive, not with my boyfriend somewhere in another continent without a single word of him...
I sent him another few texts, trying to stay positive that nothing happened even though my heart was shattering more with each passing day.
We went out, took a train to the highest place in Italy to see the fireworks... Lee know kept comforting me, he even payed for my lunch, but nothing worked...
We were going up to a famous sight seeing mountain with a gondola lift, the snow covering the ground made it all seem all the more nostalgic.
A soft smile returned to my face as I watched sungea and Lee know cuddle close, holding hands.
Maybe I could still enjoy new years, even without him by my side.
And so I did. I laughed and joked again, putting my worries aside and enjoying the evening with my two best friends.
We soon arrived on top of the mountain and looked at the time, 23:49 ... We still had some time.
Right where we stood, we had a beautiful view on the whole city, the many lights reflecting in our eyes as we waited for the fireworks.
I stood in the middle of lee know and sungea, both of their arms wrapped around me and I couldn't be happier in this moment. Their soft smiles and fluffy matching jackets warmed my heart in this cold night before a cracking sound took us by surprise. Colorful splashes in the dark black sky lit up right in front of our eyes. Right up here, it looked a hundred times better, a hundred times more catchy and a hundred times closer. My skin got goosebumps as we three admired the rainbow colored fireworks in awe. Right in this moment, with them by my side, with soft cracking sounds and cheers in the background... I felt happy. Happiness didn't always have to be with him, I now knew that. I snuggled a bit closer to the both of them, gazing at the pretty lights in the sky as one formed a big star. My eyes lit up at how mesmerizing this moment was, I swore I would always treasure this moment in my heart, so I took out my camera and took a selfie together with the two. Our noses were red and our smiles were true. We looked like little kids, feeling our youth again for once in a very long time. Right now, nothing else mattered. No school, no heartbreak, no stress, no insecurities, no future fears. Only love, and happiness.
"Happy new year you suckers" Lee know grinned at us cheekily before giving sungea a soft kiss, holding her cheek gently
"Happy new year" I repeated, smiling as I took a picture of Lee know and sungea kissing, the beautiful fireworks in the background. This was my home. Now I knew.

My heart 😭😭😭 I love wholesome y/n moments sm