39✳

"Where the hell would I get another ticket from?!" Sungea yelled at Lee know, searching through her bags.
We were standing at the airport, our flight was supposed to start in 20 minutes and sungea couldn't seem to find her plane ticket.
I chuckled, knowing she'd find it since she's very strict with important things, always checking if she has her keys and card 5 times before going out of the house. And I was right, after 4 minutes she grinned, pulling the ticket out.
"It's really useless getting so worked up over things like that every time you can't find them within a second. We all know you'd never leave the hotel without the ticket" Lee know said, sipping on his coffee while leaning against his suitcase. Of course he was unbothered too, he'd probably laugh and leave sungea alone in the airport to tease her, only to run back out to her last minute.
We took our seats in the plane and I thanked the gods for having a window seat.
We flew for over 10 hours, my head feeling dizzy from watching the clouds for so long but before I knew it, we were already back in LA, my heart filling with happiness as I recognized the street signs and language again.
I moved like lightning as soon as we got out of the plane, rushing to a taxi to get home as soon as possible. Even though I still felt relaxed and happy from the holidays, my worry for han was over the moon.
I even ended up driving alone as sungea and Lee know weren't fast enough to follow me.
I chuckled to myself when I noticed how my situation feels like it's straight up copy and pasted from a kdrama.
The taxi stopped in front of our apartment and I payed him quickly before rushing inside.
I begged to see him in there, to see his face and hear his voice again. I missed him like no other, the past two weeks felt like I was slowly ripping my heart out of my chest.
My suitcase got forgotten on the entrance as I rush through the rooms, yelling his name.
"Jisung?? Love??? Darling, are you home?"
I started to loose hope until I opened the door to his bedroom, feeling excited and happy that I heard him in it.
I found him in his room, working on something at his laptop. My smile was wide as I hugged him from behind, kissing his neck.
"I'm backkk! I missed you so muchhhh"
But he just looked at me, a small frown on his face
"Welcome back, Can we do this later? I'm kind of busy right now"
I huffed, rolling my eyes before settling on unpacking in my room.
I've waited for good 2 hours before going out to collect bbama from jeongins again.
The evening quickly came and I made dinner for him and I. With a plate full of his favorite pasta, I came into his room, putting it next to him on the table.
"eat something, dear" I smiled softly at him, giving him a kiss on his cheek and he smiled back, gladly accepting it before continuing to work.
Later that night, I come into his room, seeing him still working on his damn laptop. I groaned, walking over to him and clapping his laptop close "come on, jisung. You've been working all day. I just came back and you haven't even greeted me yet"
He looked at me, glaring angrily "what the hell was that for?! You do realize all my files weren't saved yet right?!" He stood up in anger, yelling at me like he's never done before.
I stand there, dumbfounded. I just wanted to cuddle with him in bed, getting him to take a rest, but instead he just... Blew up on me.
I've never even heard him raising his voice at me, this was a complete first for me
"I just- thought you needed a break... you know overworking can damage your brain"
But he wasn't having it
"I don't care okay?! I needed this done till tomorrow and you just ruined it!!!", he ran his hands through his hair in frustration, pacing around the room. I felt guilty for having deleted all his work so carelessly, yet I knew what I did wasn't completely wrong. So I took a deep breath, sitting down on his bed
"You can't keep doing this jisung."
He raised an eyebrow "do what?!"
"You know what. Ignore me for weeks, overwork yourself. It's like you're forgetting we're in a relationship! I tried my best to be supportive! But you just... Won't stop! I can't remember the last time we went on a date!"
My eyes burned as I teared up, suddenly getting emotional. His eyes stared back at me, still insanely mad but with a tinge of guilt.
"You know it's always been my dream to become a singer. I have to work hard for it" he sat down next to me, reaching out for my hand, but I pull it away.
"So it's more important than me huh? I don't mind you chasing after your dreams but you're spending all of your damn time on it!"
I looked away, wiping my eyes to stay strong. "I'm tired of chasing after you... When it feels like you don't even want me to" my voice cracks as I try my hardest to hold back my tears. My heart hurt, it longed for him. For my boyfriend, who I couldn't even recognize in the person sitting next to me.
"Are you making me choose right now?! Are you serious?!" He got up with new found anger and I quickly tried clearing things up "what? No! I was just trying to make you understand that being a musician shouldn't be your only priority-" but his mind was set. He looked back at me with a look of betrayal
"Maybe we should just take a break."
My eyes widened. Was he completely oblivious to what I was saying to him??? "A break?! Why?"
He just shook his head, sitting down on his chair "you're holding me back. I thought you'd be more supportive, but here you are playing the victim when you just deleted my work worth 29 hours"
"Jisung, you know I only did that to help you! you're working yourself to death!" But he just ignored me, staring at his laptop in silence.
"Just leave, ok?"
That sentence made me scoff and I get up, feeling hurt and betrayed
"Fine! You know what's best for you, hope you're happy with your decision"
With that I leave the room, going to my own to pack my things again.
With one last glance, I left his apartment, going to sungeas place to stay at hers for a while.