Where It Started

The transfer window of May 2019...

Today was the day i would meet some of my new teammates. I only knew of one and that was Guro Reiten. I know that she is very good and is from Norway so i'm interested to meet her. That was before. If you asked me that now, i would say i wish i could do anything to be in away from her. We were at training that morning when Emma walked in with Guro to introduce her. 'Hello everyone this is your new teammate Guro Reiten, please make her feel welcome!' Emma said to us before leaving the room.

Everyone went over to her to introduce themselves whilst i stayed back. I wasn't intending to be rude whatsoever because i'm not a big fan of meeting knew people. I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable with everyone crowding around and it was her first day.

"Rena, come on! Say hi don't be boring" one of my best friends Millie shouted over to me. I sighed rolling my eyes at her and got up.

"Hi, i'm Renata" i said with a slight smile. For some reason she didn't look to happy to meet me and i have no clue why.

"Guro" she replied plainly. Luckily my other close friend Erin came over and saved me.

"RENA RENA ROO ROO" she shouted down my ear with her Scottish accent whilst putting an arm around me.

"Hello there" i replied laughing. She dragged me away from Guro and i said to her "I'm sorry but i swear she wasn't very happy to see me. We've never met before!"

"Maybe she thinks you smell." I glared at her "Sorry, you don't smell. But i'm not sure, maybe she was just tired or something?" she finished.

"I don't know" i said

From then on me and Guro continued you have the strangest interactions and it just seemed like there was some sort of tension between us. I will never understand why. Until one time we had a disagreement and now we never have a proper conversation without arguing. Even though we don't get on outside the pitch. We somehow make a good duo in games. Always giving assists and scoring but then never celebrating with each other. I'm not 100% sure if the fans have noticed anything yet but i'm not surprised if they did.

International Break...

All my national teammates knew as it was all i ever spoke about. Well complain about. My closest friend being Keira meant we were often on calls whenever we were free, as well as the occasional chat with Lucy whenever she popped up with Keira. They were sisters to me, and ill forever be grateful for that. And i can't forget Leah and Georgia. I'm obviously super close with Millie, Niamh, Jess, Lauren and Fran too, who are my other England teammates as well as my Chelsea ones. Me, Keira, Georgia, Leah and Lucy all have a group chat called the '4 best friends + lucy' which i find hilarious.

"You wanna know what i think" Keira asked me.

"No, not really." i said putting my hair up in our bathroom. Me and Keira are always roomies when we get the chance and at this moment we were talking about Guro and me and how we're always arguing.

"Well shut up and listen, i think she might like you. Have you ever thought about that?" she asked me.

"Eh no. Why would someone who constantly argues with me, always trips me in training and pretty much hates everything about me, like me in any way?" i said answering her strange question.

"Ugh just you wait. I bet at some point you'll get together and finally get on" Keira said coming into the bathroom to brush her teeth.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." i said walking out to go and call Erin and my newish teammate Sam who i've gotten to be really good friends with.

Authors Note ~

ah cute. quite a short chapter sorry. not got much to say other than that.

~ M