First Match

Today was our first match back after pre season. We were up against Liverpool at Prenton Park. I was excited to be back and couldn't wait for what this season holds as we had a winning streak for the past 3 seasons.

The formation for us was 3-4-1-2. I was starting this match and was in for Sophie Ingle as she was injured. 
The lineup was,

• L.James
• S.Kerr
• G.Reiten
• F.Kirby
• R.DeSantos
• E.Cuthburt
• N.Charles
M.Eriksson
• K.Buchannon
• M.Bright
• Z.Mušović

I got on the bus in my usual spot towards the back. My seat partner has and will always be Zećira. I don't really know why but we've just always sat next to each other. We always end up talking about the most random stuff and it never gets old. Most of the time we get told to be quite because of how loud we can get. Eventually we got to the stadium and had a bit of a team talk with Emma. Her motivational tactics starting to kick in.

We then went out for our warm-ups and i got in my head space. Usually before matches i space myself away from others and thankfully they leave me be. Even Guro does which is nice, finally i don't have to hear her voice. 

The match started and we had good possession over the ball and before we new it we scored our first goal 15 minutes in. It was Fran and she scored a penalty, we all jumped on her and the fans were screaming.

I had the ball at my feet and i was dribbling towards the goal until i felt my legs give way and i was on the floor in no time. I heard people from the other team shouting stuff like 'she's fine what?' then i heard another voice and i knew exactly who it was. 'What? Only a yellow come on ref that was dirty!' it was Guro. For the first time ever, she was arguing for me. It didn't work and the ref held out a yellow card for one of the Liverpool players. Guro stuck her out and pulled me up to face her. "That was a first" i said smirking slightly.

"Don't expect it again" she replied walking back to her position. Woah. A kind of normal conversation with her. Never thought that would happen. I knew for a fact Keira will scream when i tell her. I brushed the thoughts off and went back to my position. Nothing really happened for the rest of the first half and then the whistle went. We all went back into the changing rooms to talk tactics and go over the game plan.

"Hey Rena" i heard my favourite Scottish person say. I turned to face her "Some of the girls are all going out for drinks later after the match as like a late birthday thing for Sam. Did you want to come alongggg?" she finished singing the last part.

I smiled and nodded my head "I would never turn an offer for drinks down."

"Good, i'll pick you up from yours at 7?" she asked as we started to go back to the tunnel.

"Yeah thats great" i said giving her a kiss on the cheek. As i did that i felt eyes burning into the back of head. I whipped myself around to see who it was... Guro? She walked into the changing rooms but she seemed as if she was in a mood for some reason. I had thoughts of going to see what was up with her but they were all washed away by Erin jumping on my back.

"Change of plans, we're going clubbing instead. We have a day off tomorrow so we wont get told off for having a hangover!" she said excitedly.

"Even better!" i said with a huge smile. "Who's going by the way?"

"Pretty much most of the team so; me, you, Millie, Sam, Niamh, LJ, Jess, Magda, Zećira, Ann, Jessie, Beth, Fran and Pernille. Pretty sure there'll be more of us. Oh and Guro said she'd come to, thought id give you a heads up but i'm making you come regardless i don't care if you don't want her to be there" Erin finished.

"No it's fine" i said shrugging.

"Thats new" she said whilst i slapped her arm.

We all walked back out onto the pitch to get ready for the 2nd half.