Second Times a Charm

Waking up today i knew i couldn't loose to Arsenal. Not even draw. The match was at Kingsmeadow, as much as i'd love to play at Stamford Bridge for this game, it was okay cause we had sold out. I sat next to Guro in our changing rooms, we decided tomorrow, after training, i would move everything from my apartment to hers.

"I'm looking forward to seeing your face everyday" she smirked at me.

"We already see each other everyday" i said just to annoy her.

"Ugh stop being difficult and let us have a moment" she said rolling her eyes.

"You know what?"

"What?"

"I think we should get a pet once we've settled down" i proposed.

"That would be fun, but, your gonna hate me for this" she paused as scrunched my eyebrows in curiosity, "We are not getting a dog, i'm allergic"

I shrugged, "Oh that's okay, i'm a cat person"

"You're joking. I thought you'd take that badly"

"I'm being fully serious. Does that mean we can get like a bunch of kittens?" i asked excitedly.

"Maybe just one to start with" she giggled.

"Good idea"

"What would we name it?"

"You pick. I am way too indecisive."

"Oh! What about a Norwegian name?" she asked me

"Definitely"

Before our conversation could continue, we got told to go out and warm up. Our formation for this game was 4-2-3-1 and our starting eleven consisted of,

• A.Berger
• È.Périsset
• M.Bright
• M.Eriksson
• N. Charles
• R. DeSantos
• E. Cuthburt
• L. James
• J. Čanković
• G.Reiten
• S.Kerr

With this game being in the FA cup, it meant that if we win this game we'll be headed to the quarter final and we could possibly win it for the 3rd time running.

Last time we played Arsenal i came off before Katie McCabe came on as a sub. So i didn't have to play her. Whereas today, whilst we were warming up i heard on the announcement that she was starting as well as me. Which would be fun.

We were all sat in the changing room and Emma and Magda gave us their speeches. We're playing at Kingsmeadow so i'm feeling a little better here rather than at the emirates. Even though it's a small stadium, it sold out, so that means the fans will be loud.

Both teams walked out from the tunnel and onto our pitch and we took our team photos. I kneeled down next Guro and we both smiled. As i got up, i stuck out my hand for her so i could pull her up. In which we did. Magda shook hands with Kim Little, Arsenal were starting with the ball and Stina Blackstenius took the first pass of the match.

We weren't in our best form but we were still playing well. Arsenal had a corner, which was taken by Katie McCabe. Fortunately it got pushed away from our goal and towards theirs. Niamh had the ball and was running up the wings and then passed to me, i passed it Guro and she shot for the goal but it didn't go in as Zinsberger got there and knocked it away.

Further into the game Katie had the ball and i was challenging her to give it away. We were getting a tiny bit aggressive but that's nothing new.

"I'd be careful, De Santos, you wouldn't want another yellow card again" she taunted, referring to our last game.

"As if you never get them" i hissed.