Boxing Day 'Banter'

I woke up nice an early today, for my sisters departure. I got out of bed and pulled my blanket around my arms. They had been up a little longer than me so they were dressed and ready to leave on time. I made some toast and sat down at my kitchen diner. They were just getting the random bits and bobs they left around my house making sure to check everything. Once they did so, i had finished my toast and stood up next to them both. "I'll miss your cooking" i said giving Carlos a side hug.

"Hey! I did some to" Ada said annoyed.

"Yeah but like you know what i mean" i laughed with her fiancé.

"I can take our stuff to the taxi, so you too can have some sister time" Carlos said giving me one last hug and taking their bags away.

"You better get with Guro, Rena or i swear" she warned.

"Woah woah woah. Slow down or i'll kick you out"

"I'm leaving anyway but still"

"I'm gonna really miss you Ada" i said looking down.

"I know Roo, i'll miss you too" she pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head. She dragged herself off me and i reluctantly stepped back. I said my last goodbye and she left shutting the door behind her. I felt a tear trickle down my cheek which i quickly brushed away. I remembered that i was going to Millie's today and my mind started to run for what i should wear. Thinking of running i decided to go for a jog. To clear my mind. I went out to the local park and did a few laps. Nothing to brutal. Once i was done i got straight in the shower cleaning any sweat and grub off me.

I got all dried and then did some skincare. Millie said to be there for 5:00 and it was 12:15 right now. I put some comfy clothes on and made some lunch which was an açai bowl. I blended some frozen blueberries, strawberries and mango with some ice and put it in my bowl. I then cut up a banana and put that on top along with some more blueberries and a drizzle of honey. I loved making these as they were super easy and are really tasty. Once i finished that i tidied up and to dry my hair. Which took about 15 minutes. The time now 1:03 so i wasted a bit of time on my phone. Of course i just had to get distracted by scrolling on my TikTok and i looked at the time which read 3:23. I knew i wouldn't have to rush getting ready but i certainly couldn't get distracted by something else. I got dressed after spending ages picking out my outfit. I chose a knitted beige dress which was sleeveless and was fairly short. I paired it with some high black boots and a matching black jacket. I went in my bathroom and did basic makeup. I then dosed myself in body spray and perfume so i wouldn't smell.

I checked my clock and this time around it was 4:13 which left me plenty of time. I messaged the group chat asking if anyone needed a lift. Erin did so once the time turned half past i left. I made sure to pick up the two bottles of champagne i brought and put them in my car. I pulled up outside Erin's house and she walked out and got in straight away. "Long time no see" i said smiling.

"I missed you. How was Spain?" she asked.

"Oh it was amazing like always. Did you have a good Christmas?" i replied starting the car.

"Yes thank you. I went to Scotland for a bit to meet family but nothing else really." she talked.

"Love that. I love the shoes by the way" i started laughing. Erin had left her christmas slippers on. They were the ones that were shaped how elves shoes are, with a bell on the point. She looked down and gasped which made me laugh even more.

"Oh my goodness, i can't believe i've done this" she exclaimed.

"Well i'm not driving back to yours now. We're nearly at Millie's plus this is hilarious."