Take That

Our previous matches have been insane, i scored one against Everton, we ended up winning 7-0 and then we won against Leicester 6-0 which i also scored in and assisted Guro too. We had won the FA cup for the third time. I scored 1 out of 4 against West Ham and we only had 2 matches left of this season, and the bonus was we were sitting comfortably on top. Our last two matches were against Arsenal and Reading. The only downer was that Magda and Pernille are leaving at the end of the season but regardless i'm so happy for them to be moving on to Germany.

The game today, was against Arsenal. We were playing at Kingsmeadow which was nice and meant we didn't have to travel in the coach, we could just drive over.

Guro drove us into a parking space and we got out the car together. I grabbed the bags from the back seats as she grabbed our boot bags. We walked into reception and signed ourselves in, the receptionist smiled at me and said,

"Congratulations on your 200th appearance Renata"

"Huh? Already?"

"Yeah, i thought you'd know" she laughed.

"Nope the first time i've heard about this but thank you" i replied and Guro started laughing at me. We turned to find our way into the changing rooms. Greeting the others as we did so.

I saw Niamh on her own, scrolling carelessly on her phone in the corner so i decided to try and make her jump. As i crept forwards, she looked up, ruining my plan. I sighed throwing my hands in the air.

"You ruined that" i said.

"What were you trying to do?" she laughed.

"Scare you" i shrugged making her laugh again.

"You're just like Georgia"

"Um no, Georgia is just like me. I'm older" i pointed out.

"Whatever you want to believe" she patted my side.

"Where's J-Flem?" i questioned.

"Probably late" she replied. Just as she said that i felt hands push on my shoulders and i jumped out of my skin. I turned to look at Jessie who was dying of laughter.

"Fuck you Jessie. That was the fright of my life" i said placing my hand on my heart.

"That's karma for trying to scare me" Niamh said with a smirk.

"Be quiet" i rolled my eyes.

"Love you lots Rena" Jessie said.

"Clearly" i said sarcastically, rolling my eyes again while i walked off to my stuff and getting into my warm up kit.

Me and Guro partnered up while we were doing the group warm ups. The gunners were out on the other side of the pitch warming up too. With Leah and Beth both being out with their ACLs, Lotte was the only other current lioness on their side. I waved over to her and she smiled back.

Lotte towered over me, which kind of sprouted our friendship. She was telling me on her first day of England camp that she was half Dutch and i responded with how i was half Spanish. She then pointed out that we could've never met each other if we had chosen to go to the Leeuwinnen and the Selección Española. It's a weird way to become friends but thats just how it happened for us i guess.

Both teams went back into the changing rooms to get into our proper match kits and then Emma did her usual talk with us, running through what we needed to know. She also pointed out how this was my 200th game, causing everyone to look over at me. I smiled awkwardly which made everyone giggle. The blues and the reds entered the pitch and we took our team photo after shaking hands with the opposition.