FA WSL Cup

Believe it or not we had yet another game against Arsenal but this was in the final of the Conti cup. I woke up early next to Guro. We had to meet at Cobham for 9:00am and the time now was 6:30. I reluctantly rolled out of bed and went into our kitchen to start making breakfast after turning on the television.

I got out two bagels and put them in the toaster. I took out some cream cheese and a pack of smoked salmon from our fridge whilst also getting a butter knife. Once the bagels popped up from the toaster, i placed them on to two plates. After applying the cheese and salmon i got two small glasses out and filled them with orange juice. I placed the plates and the glasses down on the table and then went to wake Guro up.

"Wakey wakey" i said, flicking her forehead. She just groaned and rolled to face the other way. "Guro, you need to wake up. I made breakfast".

"Is it my favourite?" she asked.

"Yes, now come on. It's gonna go cold" i pulled off the covers so she would get up.

"Hey!" she shouted at me. I left the bedroom and went to sit at the table digging into my food. Guro came in a few seconds later.

"Finally decided to join me" i smirked.

"I'm freezing now you took away my duvet" she said.

"Ours" i corrected.

"Go away"

I just laughed at her. We ate our breakfast in comfortable silence while watching the tv which was playing the news. Once we had both finished i took our plates and put them in the dishwasher.

"Are you ready for the match today?" Guro asked me.

"Arsenal are tough to play against, so i'm nervous but i'm sure i'll be fine. What about you?"

"I'm excited" she said jumping up and down.

"How can you have so much energy when half an hour ago you wouldn't get out of bed" i giggled walking over to her and placing my hands on her shoulder.

"I don't know" she laughed.

We both took a shower and got dressed. I was sat at the dresser, doing my hair. Guro on the other hand was in her own little world, re-jigging the lounge around by moving the sofas and the coffee table. I heard a small thought then an 'ow' so i got up and went to see if she was okay after i finished tying my hair up.

"What happened?" i asked.

"I stubbed my toe on the couch" she said in an upset tone.

I just giggled and shook my head. "You better not get injured before the game."

"I won't. What time should we leave?"

"Probably in the next ten minutes so i would pack the stuff you want to take with you rather than moving around the furniture" i joked which made her roll her eyes at me.

I put my shoes on and then grabbed some stuff that i needed. Guro did the same surprisingly as she seemed very reluctant to stop moving stuff around. We went out and got in my car. We drove to cobham to meet the rest of the team. I pulled into our car park and we walked into the building to sign in. We went to the break room, and went our separate ways for a bit. I went over to Jessie and Niamh.

"Do you two live together now or something? Cause you always arrive at the same time" Niamh asked.

"Maybe" i said giggling.

"That's a yes"

"Shushhhh" i said to them both.

"Rena, that's a yes, right?" Niamh asked me.