Four Time Champs

It was our last club match of the 22/23 season. And this season has been incredible, i reached 200 appearances with Chelsea, scored 13 goals and the best out of it all i have Guro now. I genuinely couldn't be happier, unless we win the World Cup of course but that doesn't matter right now.

We were on the coach, making our way to Reading's stadium and i was next to Zećira. I was telling her how me and Guro made a trophy room in our apartment and i showed her the signed which covered the door. It read, 'Guro and Renata's trophy room'.

"I couldn't possibly guess who came up with that" the Scandinavian girl next to me said, her words smothered with sarcasm which made me laugh.

About an hour later of mindless chatting, we arrived at the Select Car Leasing Stadium, home to Reading.

As we stepped off the coach, the hot beaming sun light up my face. I smiled to myself as i walked into the facilities and found my way to the changing room with the rest of the girls.

After the warms ups we got into our kits and then sat down waiting for Emma to give us her last pep talk of the season. She cleared her throat and then started talking, "Right girls, today should be an easy enough win. Reading are bottom of the table and we're top. If we win this game, we win the league. Today we have to make it special not only for the fans, but for Magda and Pernille, who are sharing their final game with us today. Before we go out, do you two want to say anything?" Emma questioned the couple.

The dane stepped up first, "I just wanted to sat how much i love every single one of you guys and how much i'll miss you. My time here wouldn't have been as good if you weren't all here with me".

Next Magda stood up, "It's the same for me, i've loved every second here and i love everyone here too. This team is very special and has something most others don't have. I proud of everyone here and grateful i could captain you all to where we are now. Today we're going to play our bests. No matter if we win or loose, this team is a family. We are a family. I love you all" she finished and instead of our usual 'hands in the middle' we all joined together for a loving team hug.

We walked out on the field, shook hands with our opponents and then got into positions. Our formation was 4-2-3-1 and our lineup was,

• A.Katrin Berger
• N.Charles
• M.Eriksson
• M.Mjelde
• È.Périsset
• R.DeSantos
• E.Cuthburt
• G.Reiten
• P.Harder
• L.James
• S.Kerr

The referee blew her whistle and we started play. Not long after we began, Pernille got harshly tackled while she was on her way to the penalty box. It wasn't a penalty but the player that did it got a yellow. I went over to my teammate and stuck my hand out and pulled her up. I patted her back and then we carried on.

The ball was getting heavily tossed around between teams and fortunately for us, it got my hands on it. Or feet should i say cause if i actually had my hands on it, i would get sent off. I'm rambling on now. Anyway. I ran up field with the ball and found Guro. I passed over to her and she passed for Sam, who was in perfect position to head it into the goal.

We all ran over to her and celebrated together. I felt a pat on my lower back, near my bottom and turned to see Guro smirking my way while she was walking back to her position.

The game started back up again and we grabbed a hold of possession almost straight away. As one of the Reading players was having a hard time getting the ball off of Erin, another player from their side came along and tried to tackle it away. I heard a crack and then a loud shriek from the girl that was now on the floor in pain after. I grimaced my face to see that her ankle was in fact positioned in a way it shouldn't be. The medics game out with a stretcher straight away and a substitute for her game on a couple minutes later. I felt insanely bad, not only would this be her last game of this season, but it would be her last game in this league. Unless she transferred to another WSL side obviously.