I Love You

It was currently 11 in the morning and i had just finished drying my hair after my shower. I booked a table at a restaurant for me and Guro to go to later so we could catch up, but mostly so we could talk about so other 'stuff'.

I was wearing a pair of straight blue jeans and a tight black cropped shirt. I also had the necklace Guro bought me and our matching ring on.

I moved to sit on the sofa, on my phone with the tv on in the back ground. That's when the door opened. As certain Norwegian walked in with her suitcase and she had a smile on her face. I stood up and went over to her.

"You're home!" i said pulling her into a hug.

"I'm home" she pecked my head.

"How are you?" i asked.

"Super tired"

"I bet you are. Can i get you anything?"

"Well i was about to go take a shower but could you make me a hot chocolate, for when i get out?"

"Only for you" i smirked jokingly and turned around to go to the kitchen while she left for the bathroom.

I got out the stuff i needed and waited around 5 or so minutes to turn on the kettle as i didn't want it to go cold. Once the kettle had finished, i poured the hot water into the mug which already had the chocolatey powder inside. I left some room at the top and poured a splash of milk in to help it cool down a little bit.

The shower turned off as i did that meaning somehow we had finished at the same time. I picked up the cup and then went to the bedroom door.

"I have your hot chocolate, love" i said knocking on the door.

"You can come in" she said.

I opened the door and walked in. She was in the ensuite and had a towel wrapped around her body and her hair. I placed the mug on the dressing table and went to leave before i got stopped by her voice.

"How's your knee?"

"Um, it's sore. I have a brace around it but i can't play for about a month"

"You're joking?"

"Nope"

"I'm gonna miss my field partner" she said in a sad tone.

"How will you ever cope?" i said she rolled her eyes at my joke.

She had taken her towel away from her hair and thrown it at me. "Go away".

"I just dried my hair now i'm wet again"

"How will you ever cope?" she mocked me which made me laugh.

"I'm leaving now" i went out the room and shut the door behind me so she could get changed.

She came out about while later and sat next to me on the sofa.

"So, what are we doing?" she asked.

"Well, i kinda booked a table for us later at a restaurant but i can cancel if you're not up for it?"

"No, don't be silly." she replied. I was sat at the side of the couch, and she moved my arms so that she could cuddle up in them like what we used to do before we had to leave.

"I missed this" i said kissing her hair. She didn't reply, she just snuggled into me more.

Before i knew it we had arrived at the restaurant and we were sat at the table i had reserved. We had our drinks and were just talking for a while until our food came. We had finished and i paid the bill. We then left the restaurant hand in hand and started the walk back to the apartment.

My mind was pondering whether i should talk to her about what Keira said to me or not. I must've zoned out because she stopped us and got me to look into her eyes.

"Is everything okay? Your mind seems somewhere else" she wondered.

"I'm okay, i'm just thinking"

"Thinking about what?"

"Um, just something that Keira mentioned to me at camp"

She tilted her head to the side in confusion. I still had one of her hands wrapped in mine and i grabbed the other one with my free hand so i could hold both.

"Guro, Keira told me something while we were both at camp and it made me realise some things and one of them was that i love you, like so so much and i can't imagine my life without you in it. I'm sorry i was so oblivious and that i didn't see that i had never said it out loud before, because trust me, it's all that runs through my mind when i'm near you or when someone mentions you."

Her face was straight for at least 30 seconds and i was struggling to read her but then a massive grin pulled onto her face.

"I love you too, Rena." she blushed.

"I'm sorry for not saying sooner"

"Don't be. I'm happy you said it now." she wrapped her hands around the back of my neck and pulled me into a long, lingering kiss.

"Let's go" i grabbed her hand and walked us back to the apartment before we found our way to the bedroom.

Authors Note -

This chapter is the shortest one i've done in a longgggg time. I went to Leicester vs Chelsea today and it was amazing, 0-4 to us and i got a photo with good old basil and CAT CAME BACK!! i nearly cried when she scored it was so cute how they all hugged each other. the Chelsea fans were soooo loud it was amazing and now we're back at the top of the table where we belong ;)

- M