Birthday Plans

It was early in the morning and I had plans to go out to Spain and go over and stay with Keira and Lucy for 4 days. I packed my suitcase and had my tickets printed out. I'm staying over with them because not only is it for Christmas but it was also an early birthday thing as i have an away game 2 days after my actual birthday and it was a clash against Arsenal.

I got to the airport and got through security nice and quick. I stopped off at Wagamama's and had a quick meal. My plane soon got called and after a little shopping i boarded. The plane was quite full as people were going abroad for the holidays. I put my AirPods in and i realised i had an unread message from Erin,

Erin -
Rena Rena Roo Roo i was wondering if you'd be up for some sort of get together with the Chelsea girls for your birthday? I'll message the gc for you as i know your on a plane right now but i just thought i'd run it by you! Have fun in Spain 😙x

Me-
Ahhh that would be amazing Erin! When were you thinking? x

Erin -
Maybe the day after our Arsenal match? I know that its Monday 16th and that we have a free day off training so i don't see why not? x

Me -
Yeah, that's okay with me! Thank you so so much Erin. TE AMO 💕x

Erin -
¡YO TAMBIÉN TE AMO!

She replied with some of the other few Spanish words she knew. I loved that she made an effort with stuff like this. I bet she knows some Norwegian too, for Guro. Before i knew it Erin had messaged the Chelsea group chat like she said she would.

UP THE CHELS 💙🤍

Erin -
Hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone would be up for doing something for Rena's birthday? We were thinking Monday 16th as its the day after our Arsenal clash and we have a day off. Let me know if you can come or not!

I obviously wasn't bothered if people couldn't make it. I was just happy that Erin was doing this for me. After about 20 minutes of the message being out there were a bunch of replies. Most could come but unfortunately Magda and Pernille couldn't come, they said that they had an important meeting they needed to get to. I was confused by that, really confused. They were both players i looked up to massively, both of them being incredibly smart with the ball and there way of playing amazes me whenever we have a game. I have a lot of respect for them both. Magda moved to Chelsea before me so she's one of the players i get along with and know a lot. Pernille moved not long after me, but i knew her already as we played at Wolfsburg together for a while and even though we weren't particularly close in Germany we are now. The two of them were so cute together. I've always wished that someday i'd fall in love with someone and be like them. Or Kristie and Sam or Keira and Lucy. Those 3 relationships really make me believe in love.

I must've fallen asleep as i opened my eyes and everyone on my plane was moving around. I paused my music and got up to. I fell asleep listening to a Lana Del Rey album, which didn't surprise me. Her music always relaxed me. Keira told me she'd come pick me up from the airport, she was probably nearly here as i have my live location on for her so i didn't have to phone or message. Once i got my suitcase back i picked up a Starbucks coffee as it was quite early in the morning and i was tired. I sat down and got on my phone waiting for my best friend. I knew that i'd most likely be here for a while. She's always late whenever she's got Lucy with her. Before my mind could go anywhere else i felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Keira. A scream got out of my mouth and i put my drink and phone down. I wrapped my arms around her neck and rocked us side to side.