Chapter five: baseball and the hunt

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Saturday morning Alex was sleeping peacefully next to Jasper who was admiring him. That peace was no longer there when Alice came barging in "Get up, let's play baseball! Thunderstorm is coming! Jasper, Alex, get up!" she shouts as she moves to open the curtains and grabs to some clothes for them to wear for the game.

"Alex I'm serious, get up!" As she walks out the room making her way to Edward's room. Ace is already waiting in the kitchen eating the breakfast Esme has prepared.

Alice walks into the kitchen greeting her boyfriend "your brother is a nightmare to wake up" she tells him, "I know. I tried to tell you babe" finishing his orange juice, hearing footsteps he looks up to see Alex, Jasper and Edward.

"Whenever you're ready Alex, we can go get Bella" Edward offered, Ace laughing at Edward attempt not knowing his brother in the morning looks at Edward "shut the fuck up" Alex basically growls at him.

The twins and Edward get into Edward's car and make their way to go get Bella. She wanted to stay at her dad's so she could spend time with him.

While Charlie and Bella are eating breakfast in a comfortable silence, Alex and Ace basically fall through the front door trying to trip one another laughing.

"Ace get off me!" Alex says groaning as Ace trips over his own feet and falls on Alex knocking them to the ground.

"Bella, I hope you're ready! We need to go" Ace says walking through the house leaving Alex on the floor. "Hey dad" he says walking into the kitchen, "where is Alex? I heard him" Charlie asks. "Oh he's here. Yeah. Lying in the hallway" Ace laughs looking up at the door - "Ahh here you are. Bout time" he adds.

Alex glares at his brother "shut up. Where's Bella? Hey dad." Charlie looks at his sons laughing at them. "She's getting her shoes in her room. Bella! Your brothers are here along with your boyfriend who is standing outside." Charlie looks at Edward asking "are you coming in or just gonna stand there?" firmly.

Edward practically runs into the house Charlie shuts the door behind Edward leading him into the kitchen where the twins are. "I'm ready" Bella announces as she bounces down the stairs. As they was leaving the house, Billy Black came to watch a game with Charlie whilst the kids was out.

Charlie stood on the doorstep but Edward gained his attention "I promise I won't keep Bella out for too long, we're just gonna play baseball with my family. The twins are joining us." Edward promises Charlie.

"Baseball? With Bella? Good luck with that" Charlie says amused. Alex and Ace obviously heard and started to laugh at their sister's face. "We're playing dad. Bella will most likely to hit herself with the bat" Ace reassures their father. Edward and Bella make their way to Edward's car, Bella starts a conversation "so why baseball?" Edward looks at her briefly "it's an American pass time" he simply answers.