Chapter two: The Aftermath

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Charlie is waiting for his children to come back after getting a teary phone call from Bella. He was shocked to hear what happened and the poor excuses they were given. As Alex is pulling into his fathers driveway - his phone keep ringing and hearing the text message tone.

Since leaving the Cullen house - all their phone have been going off, Bella and Ace ended up turning their phones off but because Alex was driving he couldn't do that.

As they sat in silence the only things that could be heard were Bella's sniffing and Alex's phone. Ace kept glancing at them both for two reasons 1- to make sure Bella is okay and 2- so Alex doesn't turn around and beat the shit out of Edward. Vampire or not, Alex's anger is a dangerous one.

Charlie heard a car outside his house, looks out the window and see's it's Alex, he goes to open the front door as he does, he saw Alex open Bellas's door and him and Ace are comforting her as she cries into Alex's chest.

Charlie instantly runs outside to them, Bella hears footsteps looks up from where her head was, sees her dad and runs to him clinging on to him and bursts into tears breaking the three even more.

Charlie lifts Bella as she wont let him go and walks into the house looking back to find Ace clinging on to Alex and they both cried feeling betrayed. Charlie sits Bella down on the sofa and handing her a glass of water, Ace and Alex join them with red, puffy eyes from crying outside, Charlie stands up from the sofa and hugs his boys.

"come on, sit down" Charlie says calmly. As his kids sit down and gather themselves, Charlie eventually asks "what happened? from the beginning." he says to them, Ace and Alex look at each other as Ace began to explain from the start, as he rubs Bellas back as she is falling asleep on Alexs shoulder from exhaustion. After explaining literally everything to their dad, Bella was fast asleep, Ace says "so that's that."

The boys know and can see their dad is fuming. "well, I am proud of how strong you three are." knowing if he said what he wanted to say it would anger Alex more. "he called me, you know. Carlisle. after you left their house. He called me and had the audacity to ask me if you would consider speaking to them when they get back" Charlie explained keeping his voice down - he didn't want to wake Bella.

Alex scoffs "well if you speak to him, tell him to fuck off" making Ace nod his head in agreement. Alex's phone went off again and this time it's Rosalie. "Hey guys, stupid question but how are you?" she asks worried for them.

"Well Bella cried herself to sleep so thank Edward for us. how are you? are you there yet?" Ace politely says. Rosalie sighs "fucking idiot he is. Well can you tell her i'll speak to her tomorrow? and another thing, they have your hoodies and are refusing to take them off. They aren't even talking" Emmett started to explain, "yeah we'll tell her, also tell them to burn them" Alex says after listening to them. "We're here anyway we'll call guys tomorrow" Rosalie says hanging up.

The next morning Bella walked into the kitchen after Alex put her to bed last but leaving her bedroom door open just in case - Charlie and the twins left their bedroom open too.

Charlie made them breakfast and they sat in silence - Charlie said to them "Alex, I know you don't want to hear this, but your mom rang this morning" he stopped and looked at his son "she wants you three to go to her this weekend" he finished explaining.

Bella and Ace just look at their brother who is not saying anything. "Where does she live again?" he asked, "Florida" Charlie replies. "She said she's got Bellas present and wants to give it to her, something about having yours two presents as well" Charlie explains more. "hmm" he just says but looks at his siblings "are you two going?" Alex asks because if they were going, he was.

"I was thinking about it. It would be nice" Bella says eating her breakfast. "I'm sorry, are we really going to see mom? I hope she apologies" Ace finally says. Alex looks at him "well, it looks like it" Charlie smiling slightly behind his mug - "I'll ring your mom then to confirm it" getting up from the breakfast table. Bella and Ace look at Alex with a questioning look: "what?" he asks having enough of their stares.

"How come you all of sudden want to go to moms?" Bella asks. Alex sighs puts his mug down and says "I think me and her need to talk. Yeah, she hurt me but that selfish bastard hurt me more. Plus, I want to see what she got to say" shrugging his shoulders. Bella and Ace look at each other amazed "who are you and what have you done with our brother?" Ace says. Alex laughs and looks at them "I know. Look at me growing up."

School was interesting to say the least. Jessica kept bugging Bella on where the Cullens was. Ace and Alex were ignoring her and talking to Angela, Eric and being civil to Mike. Ignoring the elephant in the room they carried on with their day and eventually it was time to go home.

"Fucking finally" Alex says finally getting home after all the questions and looks they were getting all day. Bella and Ace huff out a laugh at their brother. "I think I'll go see Jacob later - we've haven't seen him in a while." Bella says. "Have you got your stuff ready for the weekend?" Charlie asks coming out of nowhere making them jump.

"Jeez dad, where did you come from? and yes we do" Ace says startled. "Dad, can we go see Jacob?" Bella asks. "Be back before 11." he says happy about them socializing with others.

"Bella, lets take your truck" Alex suggests. "yeah okay, lets go" Bella replies. As they are leaving, they get into Bellas truck. They leave their house and make their way to Jacobs, they park outside his house and see Jacobs father Billy Black.

Billy hearing a truck he turns around in his chair to see the Swans, "hey kids, I'll shout Jacob" Billy says to them smiling.

"Thank you Mr Black" Ace says, "Oh please, call me Billy. Jacob! the Swans are here!" Billy shouts going into his front door. Jacob comes out his house with a short hair - the last time they saw him, he had long hair, "damn Jacob. have you gotten taller?" Bella says amazed at seeing her childhood friend.

Alex and Ace can see people coming out the woods without shirts on and the same mark on all their shoulders.

"Who are they?" Ace asks Jacob and Billy. Billy looks to see where Ace is looking - he waves them over. "Swans meet Sam Uley, Paul Lahote, Jared Cameron, you both know Embry and Quil" Billy introduces, "Boys this is Charlies kids - Bella, Alex and Ace Swan" he finished.

They shake hands and Alex notice Paul staring at him "what you staring at me for?" Alex asks. "wasn't you the one who was with Jasper?" Paul asks.

The Swans frowning - "don't you mention them selfish fuckers around us" Bella says angrily, surprising them with her tone. "Well except Rosalie and Emmett, we still speak to them" Ace says. 

As the night went on, they made more friends and it was time to go back home saying goodbye, rang their dad to let know they was going back. When they got home, they spent about an hour with Charlie before saying goodnight.