Chapter Five: Face to Face

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

As their weekend with their mom came to an end - Alex and their mom has a much better mother son relationship and as well as Ace and Bella. Charlie was happy to know that they have cleared the air between them. As they returned back to Charlie - which is what they wanted to do.

Every other weekend is Renee's weekend with them even though they are 18 and nearly 19, Charlie and Renee have agreed with the twins and Bella that is what would happen from now on.

They got home Sunday afternoon and by Sunday night all of them was on the rez with their friends as Billy and Harry said they will be having a BBQ - which they couldn't say no to.

Which brings us to know they are sitting around the fire - Bella with Jacob, Ace laughing with Embry and Quil and Alex is sitting on a log with Paul.

"They're back then?" Paul asks Alex who just stares at him for bringing it up randomly "Oh yeah. Rose and Emmett told us Friday night" he explains.

Sam looks at Paul who shakes his head to leave it. Paul was going to say something, but Jacob jumped in telling the twins:

"Oh, next weekend, Saturday - we are celebrating your 19th birthday. Here on the rez." Ace and Alex look at each other "fine. Can we invite Rose and Emmett? Alex asks - "yeah, they are our friends Jake" Bella said. Jacob looks at Sam, his dad Billy and Charlie asking for permission.

"yeah that's fine. Just them two though" Charlie said, after hearing that Bella jumped and shouted "yes! I'll call them." walking away and pulling out her phone to ring them.

Bella comes back to say they agreed to come on Saturday. So, they got to planning the twin's birthday Emily saying she'll make the food and already has a table to put outside.

As the night progresses Charlie took them home so they could get their stuff ready for school. "Bella, tomorrow you will ride with me and Ace." Alex says walking into her room she's studying but looks at her brother "erm, okay. why?" she asks confused.

"Because if they will be back into school tomorrow - no doubt that manipulative prick will try to talk to you. That's not happening. Okay?" Ace says walking in behind Alex - she makes eye contact with him and says "yeah. totally fine by me. That way I can keep them two from you" she says as her protective sister side coming out - they nodded their heads in agreement.

Saying goodnight to their sister then going into their room to go to bed themselves. Wondering what Monday morning will bring.

Monday morning came and the twins plus Bella are ready and in the kitchen as Charlie comes down the stairs stopping in the kitchen doorway "Wow. I never thought I'd see this" he said in surprise.

Ace is cooking the rest of breakfast and Bella is getting the juice out the fridge and Alex well - Alex is sitting at the table doing absolutely nothing on his phone but as soon as he hears his father, he puts his phone away "morning dad, ready for work?" he asks as Charlie sits down, Bella comes over kisses her dad on the cheek and sits down as well.