Chapter four: Bella gives birth

After struggling for a few months - Bella is at full term and ready to give birth any time now

After struggling for a few months - Bella is at full term and ready to give birth any time now. The twins don't leave her side neither does Edward. Their plan worked - they had to sit down with Charlie, Billy and The Pack Council to make sure Jacob stays on the rez. 

During these pregnancy months - Edward became very protective towards Bella - so did the twins and it was hard for Alice and Jasper to spend time with them making Alex and Jasper argue and Alex basically moving back into the main house. Which brings us to now as Alex and Bella are in the living room talking whilst the rest of the family are out hunting. Or so they thought. 

They didn't know Ace, Jasper and Edward are listening to them. Bella is laughing at something Alex said but she looks at him and noticing his smile doesn't reach his eyes. "Alex" Bella said getting his attention putting his phone down. "yeah? You need something.?" he asked her. 

Bella look at him "yeah - you can me why, you basically live here and not talking to Jasper. Even dad has asked what's going on with you." she demanded to know. "you haven't even told Ace, Alex and you tell him." she added. 

"because Ace is going through something with Alice - I don't want to get him involved and you are almost popping out a hybrid child and then you're going into transition so excuse me for not wanting to make my siblings worry about my problems." he said scoffing at the end making her hit him with a magazine. Repeatedly. 

"you. are. so. fucking. stupid!" she finished hitting her brother - "it doesn't matter what we are going through we are family! we swore whatever we going through we would tell each other Alex!" she whisper/shouted at him making him feel guilty. 

"I'm sorry Bells" he said after she went quite. "It's just been difficult you know - we argued like we never have before. It doesn't help the fact I'm copying Alice's i think, his and Edwin's gifts and now I feel so fucking overwhelmed and my meds ain't working anymore which I guess is a bastard perk but come on - it's like my feelings and emotions are not mine anymore and I'm trying Bells believe me I am but I don't think I'm handling it well." Alex finished hearing sniffling he looks up seeing Bella crying.

"What the massive argument about?" Bella asked after calming down. He looks at her before saying - "he doesn't think I'm taking care of myself and how Eddie is looking after you along with everyone else and I need to take some time and relax for once." he eventually told her. 

"I told him he's being ridiculous and he knew how me and Ace are protective of you and we just want this to be easy for you and that's why we are constantly here. Well expect Ace because I guess Alice got through to him." he added chuckling at that. "What else did you say? I know you Alex -" she was cut off by him - "I said that I'm her older brother, it's my right to be protective of you and if he doesn't like it he can move in with Alice and Ace." he added hanging his head ashamed. 

"I don't want that - I love him Bells. He's amazing to me and with you, Ace and dad. I can't fault him Bells and I've been such a prick to him lately and for once - I'm actually afraid I've lost him. He doesn't look at me, he doesn't send me winks or cute texts anymore and I've fucked it. Because this is who I am. I was born to fuck things up." he finished looking up as he head movement - only to see Edward moved towards Bella and nodded his head to look at he door. 

He looks up to see literally everyone but eyes only meets Ace and Jasper who look at him with tears in their eyes that will never fall.

Suddenly Rosalie moved towards Bella to help her stand up but she doubles over in pain. "Carlisle it's time!" Edward said rushing Bella into the room - everyone stood in the living room waiting. Ace moved from Alice to his brother hugging him - none of them said anything because they knew what that hug meant - 'it will be okay.' 

When they pulled away they smiled at each other than suddenly remembered "shit. Dad!" they shouted and Ace pulled out his phone to ring his dad.

A while after Edward came out the room with his daughter making people gather around him - "what's her name?" the twins asked. "Resnesmee Swan-Cullen" Edward said proudly. "and Bella?" Charlie asked as he just got there to hear the name of his granddaughter. 

Carlisle comes out the room before anyone can answer. "she's fine - just got to wait for the venom to spread. I'll keep an eye on her." he promised Charlie who nodded grateful. 

After about an hour the pack turns up to congratulate Edward on his new born daughter. Only thing they didn't plan was Paul imprinting on her. "Oh for fuck sake" Edward said knowing what just happened. 

Paul looked panicked "I'm sorry - I didn't mean it!" he basically pleaded which made everyone laugh, "it's fine - better you than Jacob. You have an issue though. Bella when she wakes." Edward said laughing shaking Paul hand before handing Resnesmee to him - he was scared to hold at her first. "wow - congratulation though. I mean it." Paul said handing back his imprint. 

Paul knows he can't be over protective with her - he understands it takes him and he's willing to wait for when that day comes. "Oh - we have spare room, you can live there if you want or you can come by everyday. Whichever you want." Carlisle offered but Paul didn't say anything - "take your time and think about it. It will be a big decision to make." Esme added walking back inside.

The wolves leave eventually wanting to know Resnesmee more and let Paul spend more time with her before they go on patrol. The night progress and Bella still hasn't woken up making Edward worry even more.

"She should be awake by now." he mumbles to Carlisle. Carlisle looked at him - "she'll wake up son. Don't worry." he said to calm him down but it didn't work so the twins calmed him down and Edward thanked him. 

Suddenly Carlisle looked at Edward. "Listen to her heart. She's wakening. Go" he said to Edward who handed his daughter to Alex.

Edward goes into the room and stands near Bella - he didn't say anything. Just waiting.

Then she opens her eyes.