Chapter four: Exploring Gifts

Everyone was outside discussing the powers of the Volturi Guard

"Aro would want us incapacitated and possibly separated before he attacks." Edward said. "Jane and Alec who would want me out because I'll know their moves and the twins because well - they can copy them." he added as if obvious.

Garret looked at Bella - "It's shame we don't have you shield." he said but she shakes her head "it doesn't help me fight though."

The twins shake their head and answer her - "True but you can shield the rest of them. If you can project it." Ace said. "Because we are copycats - we already have everyone's gift" Alex added.

Bella looked at them lost - "huh?" she asked making them laugh. "They mean you can shield someone other than yourself." Tanya explained further.

"Is that possible?" Bella asked finally understanding what they was saying. "Gifts can be developed over time." Carlisle said making Kate say "At the beginning, mine was just in my hands. Now it's all over my body." she added.

Bella looks at Kate - "you can teach me right" she said to her. "Stand here." Kate said grabbing Bella to move her in the center of everyone.

Kate and the other vampires try to help Bella expend her gift.

"Visualize with it. See how it moves, the colour. Picture it moving beyond you." Kate said trying to help.

Bella tries to, but only managing to expand a little. Bella huffs in frustration.

Kate looked at Edward - "I think she needs something to motivate her." Edward getting the hint and moves forward. "Don't even think about it." Bella said looking at them both.

The twins, Alice and Jasper makes bets - how long does it take for Bella who expend her shield.

"I want in on that." Kol said coming from behind them making the twins nod and shake his hand.

"I can take it. It's fine." Edward said gulping a little. "You say that now." Garret said scoffing. "You need to focus Bella or he will on his knees." Emmett said making Edward look at him.

Bella looks the twins who nod their head slightly in encouragement. She focuses on Edward and when he touch takes hand - he looked at her amazed.

The twins taking their winning from Jasper, Alice and Kol.  "Pleasure doing business with you." Ace said splitting the money with Alex.

"Let's go again. I would like to keep going." Bella said making Kate nod.

"Emmett. Your go." Edward said pushing Emmett forward.

"Watch this." The twins said moving in the middle of everyone moving their spouses to a safer distance. Ace moved Bella back as Alex made a circle on ground.

Ace went to join his brother - as the prepared to show one of the things they can do.